Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
AI Anti-Cheat
Papa Petro
Interesting video on using AI to detect not only cheaters and bots by uploading clips to it.

https://www.youtu...kmIItTrQP4

What is your guys thoughts on this? Is AI good for gungame or are we gonna get flooded with human-like bots?
Edited by Papa Petro on 29-03-2023 10:33

DKC
It's interesting they say 1 in 3 players are cheating - that seems like quite a lot. Admittedly, I am super impatient and closed the video 30 seconds in so my opinion means little....but hey it might work.

That One Guy
As AI becomes more advanced and cheaters start using it, AI will be needed to detect the subtle differences between the hacks and real players. I definitely dont buy that 1 in 3 players are cheating, and assume it is even less than (whatever the avg is) for CS:S since it is such an old game. I'm really dreading the day when these AI hackers become more common - I almost wonder if it will break most shooter games : (
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
That One Guy
Just watched the video. The part where the devs dont use the existing AI AC to get more money selling the game...so shitty...I think the worst games are the big competitive ones (e.g. warzone, apex, etc.). Sounds like their data says around 1 in 3, but I think it is skewed by looking at warzone primarily.

I wonder how you could implement the AC on a CS:S server. Probably would need to be coded in C++ or C#, not in sourcepawn.

I think its cool/crazy the thing about the bio fingerprint. A little creepy though...But for servers I've set up, i have the server record demos of everything all the time and auto-upload to the community's website. If DOGZ wants that set up, it is very easy to set up and, even without the AI AC, it is VERY helpful for identifying cheaters and verifying reports. From the server-sided demos, the reviewer can turn on walls, impact marks, slow mo, and everything needed to analyze the data. I highly suggest this and can put the files here to set it up.
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
Papa Petro
Yeah the 1/3 thing is definitely inflated stats to generate hype concern to contribute to that waldo.vision anti-cheat project.
It's probably significant, especially in more popular f2p games like warzone like TOG mentioned.

As a cheat detection, it'll be pretty cool to just upload video demos and get back an AI thumbs up/down. It'll probably have a better false-positive ratio then by human judgement. Though I'd imagine real time solutions by then rather than having to spec and upload.

The bio footprint thing is what I found most interesting because I kept thinking about where this is all going. They can effectively model your gameplay to the point where they can make a bot that plays indistinguishably like you. Like where you have a scenario in the future where someone can walk into the server, play exclusively with bots, and think they've played with real human beings. Relates to an earlier post I made about the server recording matches like how chess games are recorded data sets. Looks like the AI technology has caught up from Stockfish.

Jump to Forum: