Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Client Crashes Impacting Entire Server
That One Guy
EDIT: I havent seen it since that day. Unless it starts back up, disregard my message below.

Twice today the entire server was taken out player by player as client side crashes. Once mid-day, once just now. The server was just fine. Client side crashes are typically due to materials/models. Since there are no models/materials on the server other than those built into maps, my guess is that it might be someone's spray - not sure if that is possible.

If it is a person/spray causing it, one way to trace it is to list who was in the server when everyone started crashing one by one. If you see this happening and can drop a screen capture or replay video of who was on just before, we might be able to narrow it down. Namely, those that joined in the last 10 minutes or so. I took a screenshot of HLSW right after the crash and got the following players had joined in the last 5 minutes:
- Ha Ninja (1:39)
- fr3sh (0:28)
- meow (1:56)
- Lamda7 (4:41)
- Questionable (4:06)

I doubt it is meow since they play all the time and i never see them use sprays. Keep in mind that if my theory is correct, it doesnt even have to be intentional - could be something they dont even realize they are causing. Alternately, it could be something entirely different, but since we dont have anyone with access to server logs, we cant narrow that down...

Anyone else noticing this? I hesitated posting this since it is so theoretical and I dont want to point fingers and blame...

Also note: Meow, Lambda, and Questionable were in subsequent games and there was no issue. They also had the later times, making them less likely as well. Also, meow wouldnt hurt a fly...except perhaps with a knife...
Edited by That One Guy on 06-12-2022 21:01
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
DKC
This is way above my head - sorry. I have nothing.

BroadSideofaBarn
This is well above my pay grade.

I have had issues lately as well, though a bit different. Game will freeze audio will continue. I will get booted and cant get back in for a varying amount of time. I can see that others are still playing. I can also play any other server.

not sure if this is somehow related..

Scooby
So if your game suddenly freezes or starts to glitch, take note of the list of players on the map. The players he has listed might be the culprit in causing the server to go down.

Thanks for Your Assistance in Advance,
Scooby

That One Guy
Anything impacting only you isnt what this was. The entire server was getting dropped one by one except one or two people. And the drops were sudden - no issues with the server. Anyways, I havent seen it since that day. Unless it starts back up, disregard my message.
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
Jump to Forum: