Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
RTV/Voteban Excluding Spectators, Player Count Map Rotation
That One Guy
While it is great that people idle the server to help keep it populated, it makes it almost impossible to ban hackers without an admin, or to RTV. Is everyone open to having the plugins edited to exclude spectators? I've done this before and can do so again for Dogz servers. Thoughts?
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
JoonBug
Might be a while before you see changes like that.. but in the meantime, you could add some admins on steam and PM them when there is a problem player

That One Guy
JoonBug wrote:

Might be a while before you see changes like that.. but in the meantime, you could add some admins on steam and PM them when there is a problem player

Thanks for the reply! Smile

Can you explain why it might be a while? Is it that those with access are not around? If that is not an issue, seems like something that can be resolved in less than an hour - I can even host a test server if needed, modify the plugin, etc. I'm available in discord/teamspeak/vent for more discussion as needed. Just hoping for more info.

P.S. We literally just had a hacker in the server and couldnt do anything about it. Thankfully they moved to another server after one win and several people calling them out. Gr33d took a demo but said he was having trouble figuring out how to register on these forums to submit it and to comment on this thread to try to resolve the voteban issue.
Edited by That One Guy on 05-04-2021 20:11

www.togcoding.com
JoonBug
Yea, the one with access is very busy.

For the time being, if you or anyone you know would like a faster response to hackers on the server, feel free to add my steam.

That One Guy
Added you.

Is there someone I can contact directly to continue this discussion? I have years of experience running servers and coding sourcemod plugins and would love to help in whatever way I can. My goal is to see the servers improve. Ideally, ideas are vetted on forums, tested in test servers, and introduced in the server during off-peak times. I've seen a lot of communities dies when there are issues and those with access to fix them arent present. While this issue isnt major, I still think something should be figured out about server maintenance, and would love to know who I can follow up with.

EDIT:

Based on the hosting info, it seem TigerOx is the one hosting everything. I've emailed him to discuss this further.
Edited by That One Guy on 21-05-2021 17:03

www.togcoding.com
Sir Egglicious Knifealot
I agree with you, Oneguy!
There's often two or three active players and a lot more spectating. It takes way to long to finish the larger maps with few active players. It would also be fun with a nominating system like the one on the turbo-server, so we could try out new maps when there's few active players on. Although there's a lot of fun maps on the turbo-server, there's usually no one there..

Papa Petro
I think I can count on a single hand how many times we successfully RTV'd a universally unliked map. I swear it takes 110% of the votes or something to get any consensus thing done on css. Always nicer when there's a friendly admin to reason with and who can feel the air in the room (like Angry or Badseed).
Edited by Papa Petro on 20-04-2023 06:24

That One Guy
Indeed - but Scooby and TigerOx are not around and they are the only ones with access...

www.togcoding.com
Jump to Forum: