Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
CS:S audio issues
Ricky
Hey all, lately I have been having this problem with the game audio on Source completely turning off.

Previously, I have used my headphones (Sennheiser HD 558) or old headset (turtle beach recon 200) when playing Source. I recently upgraded to the Astro A50 wireless headset and that one connects to the PC via USB instead of the standard 3.5mm jack.

The Astros work fine on Source but sometimes I like to switch back to my Sennheisers because they sound better for music and when I'm not on the mic I like to listen to music when I play.

The issue is that when I use my Sennheisers the audio on Source clips out and randomly shuts off after playing for 5-10 minutes or so. Going into the game audio setting does not help. I have to completely shut off the game just for the problem to come up again later. Thus far I have only had this happen on Source and not any other game in my library. This problem never happened until i got my Astros.

I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this and they know how to fix it. BTW I have the latest version of Windows 10 and I think the latest Realtek drivers installed too. Also, the Realtek speakers are set to default on Windows.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/1137402_101.png

badseed
sorry i cant help. haven't had an issue yet. did it change after a steam update?
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Ricky
badseed wrote:

sorry i cant help. haven't had an issue yet. did it change after a steam update?

Nah, it only changed after I got my Astros. I think my PC kept disconnecting the Realtek speakers (driver for the headphone jack) or something.

Upon troubleshooting I found out the Realtek drivers weren't the ones I needed for my motherboard so I installed those and everything seems to be running smoothly now.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/1137402_101.png

Jump to Forum: