View Thread
 Print Thread
For the love of god: Turn off No-block
Wheels
Really... please.
www.picamatic.com/show/2008/08/20/10/859200_597x199.jpg
I am mother fuckin' Freddy

ohyesidid
I like the no block! The lag (I am assuming came from the last steam update) not so much.

Where's BOB??????

Sweet Caroline
no block makes me go grrrrr

you cant knife with it Sad

Wheels
Exactly. Its the most useless function I've ever seen on a sever. It ****s so many people up for no benefit on nearly every map.
www.picamatic.com/show/2008/08/20/10/859200_597x199.jpg
I am mother fuckin' Freddy

Diesel
really tho....F*** no block........makes knifing reallly stupid
There is plenty of room for all of gods creatures, right next to my mashed potatoes!!!

Scooby
We were getting alot of blocking complaints from players. Haven't had any since I turned it on. So......Over the next few weeks it will be relegated to just a few maps. Hopefully my pc issue will resolve itself and I will be in there to even mabie set a couple new maps.... ooooooo... could happen...rofl For now it will stay on, but I promise to update the maps getting it, like the lego has it with the vote option, as soon as possible.

Thanks Much,

Scooby

ohyesidid
Its too bad. You cant please everyone all of the time. Hey Scooby what happened to your PC any way?
Where's BOB??????

Scooby
I don't believe it's about pleasing everyone... i't's more about compromise and understanding. My goal all along since I turned on no block has been to observe all the maps and player interaction to find which ones needed the no block option. For instance, one of the DoGz maps needs no block on it, but the other doesn't. Has to do with the walk ways and paths people go.
As for my PC..... got power but won't turn on. The little tell tail light on the power supply for the cpu is on, but you hit the power button and nothing. Go figure. But nothng a rather large sledge hammer wouldn't fix! rofl

Scooby

ohyesidid
I only meant that people will complain either way, but I know what your saying. That being said ill throw this in, I hope it helps you a bit. I think Maze, country house, canyon Hangemhigh and Pink Panther do not require no block. Office mini, lego and simpsons should have no block. if I think of anything else Ill comment.
Where's BOB??????

ohyesidid
2 more maps for you. I think Fierybend should have no block and Churches could be block on.
Where's BOB??????

subwolfer
pretty pretty please take no block off

K1rby
Well as me being one of the better knifers i think that u can keep no block on because ive devloped new ways to nife and win with it on. if u guys just pratice and learn the distance no block makes it eaiser. but remember you will never top me .. lol.. i need to brag less. then it wont matter if i get beat.

subwolfer
no block is off and i have to get used to it again but ill own you kirby

fetus
thats good
Edited by fetus on 25-07-2008 02:32

karmine
well perhaps someone should write a plugin to "push/slap" teammates out of the way after so much time has elapsed (i.e: 2-3 seconds so you dont accidentally push your awper). i know for a fact that the push code was already built into quakeworld/server so perhaps its an underused/undocumented feature in HL. bad thing is people will abuse it so it will have to be regulated. but accidents happen and if you arent blocking a door/being annoying people wont have a reason to push you.

Jump to Forum: