Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » DoGz Servers » Ban Appeal
 Print Thread
Excuse me sir
kylekyle
Hey man. I play on Dogz every day that I can. Last year I was banned briefly for playing music, since then I do not play music. In fact I am a bit bummed because the server is often empty late at night now and I don't know why but it is still my favorite (only?) server besides Steam matchmaking and I check it first.

I was not mic spamming the other night just having fun. We had a lot of fun conversations about a lot of things. At no time did I get a sense anyone was annoyed. Someone at some point said they were an admin but I did not know who said it because they did not respond, and could not be identified by the leaderboard. If you are about to wield permanent ban on somebody for chatter, it seems fair to clearly state the situation and identify yourself affirmatively. Anyone could say they are an admin, and nobody knows what is going on. In my case it seemed like a great night and we kept playing and talking all night. Everything seemed fine. Nobody knows you are admin, nobody was complaining about anything, and there are clear steps you could have taken to prevent this excessive measure, namely by verbal and text communication, and the numerous admin commands at your disposal if the prior is not heeded. You did not do these, and nobody could tell what was going on or who you were because you didn't speak. We jsut kept playing and having fun, nothing happened of note.

For such a brief non-situation a permanent ban seems unnecessarily vindictive and extremeely excessive. I've been playing on the server for years... literally, 5-6 years I think at this point, and have had a lot of good times there with a lot of people, a couple of w hom were there too. It just seems like a really weird unnecessary mean situation.

Kyle MF'inK
Steam ID STEAM_1:0:68001693
Edited by kylekyle on 17-03-2016 03:33

JoonBug
Please be patient while the appeal is looked at. You'll be notified if anything changes. Thanks.

kylekyle
Thanks Joonbug

Steal Your Face
This is your second ban for spamming within a year. 30 day ban is warranted. The next one is your last. Please abide by the rules of the server. Thank ya!

quik
Lighten up dude. I wasn't playing during this 'incident', I don't know Kylekyle, nor have I ever played with him (don't think so anyway) -- so I'm not defending him for any reason other than reading his post...

You get "spammed" every day in one form or another, and given the dude's plea, he seems like he's not intentional about it. What about the ad companies on Pandora, Youtube, Hulu, etc., they're actually consciously spamming you -- they get notified that people HATE their ads, yet bombard you anyway. This dude didn't bombard, wasn't notified to stop, admitted his "guilt" of his previous ban, and is pleading for you to not ban him. It appears that y'all are power tripping, but for what reason? Your servers lag (due to DDoS attacks that you're unable to handle...) and there are plenty of other servers people could go to instead. The people who stay are here for the community, and the community can (and will) leave. Whether it's moving to another server or finding a life outside of this game...

If you're gonna band this dude, ban me too for defending him.

Jump to Forum: