Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Hey Scoobs!
TheYosh
So in a thread where we were talking about people using killswitch you asked me what I do for a living. I figured instead of going off topic and taking a chance of hijacking a thread I figured best place to answer you is in public chat.

Basically I work as a electrician/driver for the motion picture industry. I work on movie sets, tv shows, commercials, music video and just recently streaming media projects. I'm basically responsible for setting up and maintaining temporary power grids so everyone in production has power. So because I am the first one there to make sure the generator is running right and the last person to leave (to shut down the generator) I usually put in about 16-18 hours per day. I don't mind it now since I don't have a family to take care of but I am looking to just save up money quick and get out once I get married and start having kids.

theyosh

Scooby
So you live in southern cal?? Must make some good bank. Sounds like a pretty cool job. Ok.... Best set youve gotten to work on? Coolest person you've met? Best location youve worked at?

Screbby

TheYosh
Scooby wrote:

So you live in southern cal?? Must make some good bank. Sounds like a pretty cool job. Ok.... Best set youve gotten to work on? Coolest person you've met? Best location youve worked at?

Screbby

Dang, lots of nice people I've met so it's hard to narrow it down to one but I guess the biggest nicest star I met probably has to be Steven Spielberg. Will talk to anyone on the crew and thank them for doing their job.

Best location i worked at was Bora Bora for the movie Couples Retreat.

Best set I worked on so far was a tie for the helicopter vs mini cooper scene in Italian Job, the big explosion scene for Collateral Damage with Arnold and the fight scene in The Last Samurai when they were freeing Matsumoto from the imperial guards.

Oh and I don't make bank but I am in the right path in doing so in maybe another 3-4 years. If I play my cards right and get lucky I have the potential of being a coordinator and they make $$$$. I probably have a 10-15% chance of making that happen

theyosh

PS.. i just got home from work and I started at 5:30am, it is almost 1:00am as i type this

Scooby
Gonna send you a pm in the next couple days. Sounds like an adventurous life.

Scooby

hamm0
Sick job. Proud of you.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/796201_101.png

TheYosh
Scooby wrote:

Gonna send you a pm in the next couple days. Sounds like an adventurous life.

Scooby

hamm0 wrote:

Sick job. Proud of you.

Trust me, it's just a job at this point. I will admit the first 2 years was really fun but the only thing that excites me now is going to a set when we're shooting a stunt/car chase/explosions now. Explosions are getting extremely rare now that computer graphics is close to looking real now.

Jump to Forum: