Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Windows 10
Tolik the Terrible
Hi guys if you havent got your windows 10 yet here is the link.
http://www.micros.../windows10

Bloodmanic
going to be upgrading this weekend!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/464897_101.png

terrowrist
Windows 10 is NSAs favorite operating system

Tooooo many privacy issues
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

GAY JESUS
Just upgraded, so far so good. Some stuff is faster, have to see for the long haul.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/155954_101.png

Evil_Zodiac
Upgraded 2 hours after the release went public lol they were johnny on the spot
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Tolik the Terrible
I like so far windows 10 too

Drewdog
I've got to figure out windows vista first lol...

Magus
im still on the fence of whether or not to update my system.

i mostly want to do a clean install on an SSD bu ti dont have the money for an ssd so im just waiting XD
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

Tolik the Terrible
Magus wrote:

im still on the fence of whether or not to update my system.

i mostly want to do a clean install on an SSD bu ti dont have the money for an ssd so im just waiting XD

You know you can get 500gb ssd for about $180

Magus
yeeeah but im unemployed....that $180 is great for food/booze XD

side note, its shit like this that makes me wonder about Windows 10

http://imgur.com/...

Tolik the Terrible
Lol Its Microsoft you cant expect much from them

Blubber
Installed it on my laptop to test it and it's been great. No issues, updates fine and runs smooth and quick. Install it to the gaming rig and the start bar/button doesn't work, for some reason windows update is missing, can't recover previous backups or roll back to 7, can't figure out crap on how to fix it. None of the repair/recovery apps loaded, update app, refresh app, nothing that could be useful. Only think I'm seeing I can do is reset the pc manually with a system image disc and hope it keeps my personal files, but looks like I'm going to have to reload all of my programs. Grrrrr.
Don't touch me there.

Magus
aw shit man. that sucks. good luck with that!

terrowrist
Blubber wrote:

Installed it on my laptop to test it and it's been great. No issues, updates fine and runs smooth and quick. Install it to the gaming rig and the start bar/button doesn't work, for some reason windows update is missing, can't recover previous backups or roll back to 7, can't figure out crap on how to fix it. None of the repair/recovery apps loaded, update app, refresh app, nothing that could be useful. Only think I'm seeing I can do is reset the pc manually with a system image disc and hope it keeps my personal files, but looks like I'm going to have to reload all of my programs. Grrrrr.

https://www.youtu...n2FB1P_Mn8

jk

My personal suggestion is to wait and spectate others. A new OS is not always and was never a stable OS. Even windows XP, 7 had issues and it took months until it was stable. Wait until december and see the reaction.
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

Bloodmanic
i havent had an issue with css on windows 10.

but my video cards arnt as stable. running into memory issues.
Which is causing bf4 to randomly crash.

Having a minor issue with my headset cutting out as well. Due to driver issues with windows 10.

Blubber
I've got the headset turning off as well with windows 10 and the logitech gs. Finding a lot of conflicts with my programs and windows and slowing fixing them one at a time. Appear to be making progress though.
Don't touch me there.

Bloodmanic
yea, i should have known better than to upgrade right away. i normally wait until the first full service pack comes out. but i was too excited for windows 10. lol

terrowrist
I run it through virtual box and it uses my hardware (VTd)

So far it's ok, but not too exciting.

Blubber
I've found a few things. Startup processes and Windows 10 don't get along, and it's best to entirely disable cortana, defender and chrome/chrome update. Even though you might disable cortana or defender from the basic options, they can reactivate themselves so you have to do it from task menu, start up process, and I just renamed their files with .bak to trick them into not being started but readily available and easy to fix if I ever want to back. There's also a process to delete the notifications you get from disabling defender, permanently disabling it, and disabling the notifications you got for disabling it lol. I've staggered the delays on some of my startup processes and it's appeared to help. I run malwarebytes and having issues with it trying to scan while startup processes are kicking off, not making anyone happy. It's really finicky. Either flies through startup or just drags. Think the logitech gaming software is hiccuping for a bit at startup too, but might be because it's set for later process. So far it's been a real pita.

*With the chrome you are just disabling it from starting up on it's own. It will still work fine when you click and open chrome to surf the web.
Don't touch me there.

Jump to Forum: