Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
Unreal Tournament 4
Carrow
Anyone else getting down on this juicy goodness?
http://www.unreal...ament.com/

Epic Games is working with the community to basically build UT4. They’re still in pre-alpha development, but the game is playable and you can find servers to play on. None of the maps are polished (except one), that’s because the design of the game is still being worked on.

The best part of all this is since its being built with the UT community, YOU can contribute! From making maps, 3d meshes, textures, weapon skins, new weapons, and even source code changes for special game modes or whatever else you want. Just post your idea or your creation on the forums and it will be peer reviewed. If it gets enough backing it can be in the release of the game. Now that’s something to put on a resume.
I’ve personally been working on the 3d modelling and map making portion. But if there are any creatives on here, this is a great opportunity to work on an amazing game. Plus this game just tickles my innards in the most delightful way.

You can download Unreal Tournament and the Unreal Engine from the website link I posted above. If you do decide to join in the creative fragging fun, be sure to add me. I am happy to collaborate on map designs among other things.

Name: Carrow13
Email:

Oh and check out this trailer for the pre-alpha:
https://www.youtu...pqIAoPN9pk

Carrow
Did i mention its free? Yeah.. Its free.

Magus
Plus Blueprints are awesome if you are into the visual coding. Still not as powerful as the C++ counterpart, but it does a damn good job.

and hot damn, the material editor can make anything you want, if you know what you are doing Pfft

(honestly makes me wonder why Valve has stuck with hammer and not significantly improved it with the likes of UE4 and unity 5....since i think hammer is what they are using for Source 2 as well)

But yeah, its been fun watching it develop.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

Carrow
Oh yes, the blueprints are fun to play with. Its hard at first because you need to know what is possible before you can use them. (Sifting through tons of options with obscure names doesn’t help much.) If you don’t know C++ they are a god send.

You’re right about the material editor too, its beautiful. Gone are the days of creating fifteen versions of your normal/spec/etc.. maps to get the texture effect you want.

I don’t see how Hammer can compete with such a diverse and powerful engine. UE4 makes Hammer look like childs play honestly. I think the same designer could make a much better map in UE4 rather than Hamme if they had the same project and time limit.

Magus
For sure.

and Unity 4/5 are also stupidly easy to use and very user friendly.

UE4 took a lot of Unity 4 which i find hilarious but also so so very helpful at making a much better development environment compared to UDK/UE3
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

Sniper_Wolf-
i played this briefly at a lan party recently, it's really looking good so far.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/progress/3b89217abe69980149ff8b55daaac9bf/sig_652042_2_1_en.png

Jump to Forum: