Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Ban Appeal
Yimbo
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54669511

Nick Name: {RG-r} Yimbo

Reason for ban: Using "kill" command too frequently.

So I haven't been officially perma-banned yet, but eventually I will. I wanted to post this appeal in advance anyways just because I'm anticipating the consequences. I did not know that the "kill" command was illegal. I've been playing in the Dogz server for over a year now, and I'm just starting to realize now that I am not supposed to do what I did. Anyways, I got word from the person who requested to get me banned (Crazy-Earl) so I immediately came onto this website to let you all know that I'm sincerely sorry and that it will not happen again. I should've known better, and Crazy-Earl let me know how unfair and cheap the command was. I completely agree with him and I'm taking full responsibilities for my actions and owning up to my mistakes. I hope I get a second chance as I will never let this incident happen again. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Crazy Earl
I'll back this up. Since it's actually - as far as I know - a first offense for Yimbo here, I'm guessing it's only gonna be a temp ban anyway, but if this is read before any action's taken, he simply didn't know.

I've been trying to catch several guys for a while now, and I had had reason(incorrect, but I didn't know that at the time) to believe that not only was Yimbo using the 'kill' command exploit, but that he was a duplicate account being used by a recently-permabanned individual. He's someone else entirely, however, and moreover, he would have stopped using the command if I had given him even a simple warning(well, you know, an unofficial warning since I'm not part of the Clan in any way) that what he was doing was against Clan/sever rules. I was under the impression that he was someone who'd been at this for a while intentionally, so I didn't give him that warning.

I'm gonna pay more attention before/during my attempts to pin people for rules abuse in the future, and make absolutely certain they're aware that what they're doing is wrong and that they intend to continue doing it before posting any more demos and/or making future reports, otherwise, I'm just as much an asshole as the guys I'm trying to get rid of.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/755913_101.png

badseed
Yimbo, due to the maturity of your appeal no ban will take place. Our MOTD does not really cover this type of thing, but game exploit is considered as equally as bad as hacking. Now that your aware please do not use the "kill" command anymore. it sort of defeats the purpose of the game.

Earl, thanks for the time for pointing this out.

I'm going to move this thread from the appeal section to the infractions due to the fact no ban took place.

have fun and enjoy the serevers!

Seed
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Yimbo
Hey thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

On a small note, I'm sorry for posting the ban appeal onto the ban request section...I thought it was the ban appeal section. But yeah, thank you so much. Game on!

Jump to Forum: