Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
My New Map: AR_Orbit
Chubbs
I made a CS:GO gungame map and would love to have it on the DOGZ servers. The screenshots don't do it justice, it has some moving elements that need to be seen in action.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://gamebanana...aps/170967

Can we get this on one of the DOGZ servers, even if only temporarily, to see how it is received?

winniethepooh
Hey,
I played your map for a few hours on a couple of different servers.

Here is what I found:

-The middle orbit part needs to be optimized for FPS
-The middle is too prone to a player dying for any sort of GunGame or Arms Race. Maybe make it so you can only fall through the middle and not the outside circle.
-The detection of orbs on the outside to teleport you out of the orbit is glitchy. Sometimes you can collide with it get stuck. Or you can fall off the outside trying to get out.
-Sometimes you can fall through the middle of that orbit and still be alive at the bottom.
-The map is a little bit to unsymmetrical for a GunGame / Arms Race server

I really like the concept of the map and would love to see it on servers full time. It is definitely a trip compared to normal GunGame maps.

Thank for you taking the time to map.

Chubbs
Thank you very much for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it.

My questions for you

- What elements stand out as asymmetrical?

- When you saw an FPS drop was it when you were inside the spinning section, or outside of it looking in?

- Did the circles in the middle spin too fast?

________________________________________________________________________________

Comments on your points

- The detection of the teleportation orbs should be an easy fix.

- Making players not fall off the outside will be tough. I don't think I can make that happen without something else getting screwed up. I could teleport the player when they fall instead though, possibly back onto the spinning circles. This issue should be severely diminished once the teleportation detection is fixed, I could also make the circles spin slower to alleviate this.

- Not sure how you are able to fall through the middle and survive, but I'll take a look.

Anyone else have an opinion?

winniethepooh
Chubbs wrote:

Thank you very much for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it.

My questions for you

- What elements stand out as asymmetrical?

The right-to-left symmetry with a map that size. It's hard to hit that spot to be able to fulfill a few people but large enough to not be too small for a highly populated server.

- When you saw an FPS drop was it when you were inside the spinning section, or outside of it looking in?

When in the spinning section. Looking in was fine.

- Did the circles in the middle spin too fast?

I wouldn't say so.

Chubbs
YouTube Video

The map has been updated and added to the Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommu...t=ar_orbit

No pancake mix
Seems a little large but well done, I don't personally play GO so I'm not sure if Tiger has implemented this map but maybe he'll consider it.

Chubbs
Thanks Smile

The map itself is large, but the actual playable space is much smaller. Cover and vantage points should consolidate the action into a few areas.

You should check out GO pancake, I used to hate it big time, but they've updated the recoil for every weapon and it plays a lot like Source now.

Jump to Forum: