Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
Black Mesa: Source is live
Herpes
Black Mesa is an independent group's remake of Half-Life on the Source engine. They've been working on it for years at their own pace, and finally it's available now. IN a few months it will officially be released on Steam with their "Greenlight" program, as they have to modify it to conform to Valve's wishes.

However, it's available now if you download the Source 2007 SDK. It's not a fully polished, there may be a glitch or two here or there, but I'm happy to be able to play after watching this for awhile Grin

http://release.bl...ource.com/

(Torrenting is probably the best bet to get the files quickly, unless if you want to download it through the mirrors at frozen molasses speeds)
Edited by Herpes on 14-09-2012 18:30
Provehito In Altum - Launch Forth Into the Deep!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/herpes/siggy5.jpg

"Maybe Steve Irwin should have worn sun screen. It would have protected him from harmful rays."

chuffmaster2k
Thanks Herpes. I enjoyed playing HL many years ago. Might just check it out in Source...
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/577598_201.png

Tolik the Terrible
its freaking awesome

chuffmaster2k
Yeah. Just as good as I remembered, well I guess better really. Started playing it earlier.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/577598_201.png

Batty
Played a good portion of it and the update really shows. I'm glad it's still being polished because there's a lot of little nit-picking errors with it

Greatest things I've seen is the jump is too low. like REALLY too low. you have to Crouch-Jump EVERYTHING to get anywhere.
Also, using ladders is a pain in the ass, sometimes it won't let you simply dismount at all, and you get stuck at the top of one.
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

xXBatmanXx
Yea it is a lot of fun. Lots of new conversation lines with NPCs.

Jump to Forum: