May's Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Can we please stop calling people faggot?
Hydrate
I play on Turbo reverse a lot, or at least I used to until it seems that instead of calling people the n-bomb, calling people faggot has become really really really prevalent. Admins ask people to change names like "cunt buster" or ban people for other more recent dramatic comments, but when I ask people to stop calling me or other players a faggot, and I talk to an admin, I am met with silence. If I address players directly, I am met with more players chiming in to parrot it, or votebans.

One of the rules is to play with respect, and I know I can rage (Herpes can attest more than I would like him to), my insults are typically pretty tame. Certainly not mic or chat spams of "fag" "faggot" "gay" or other homophobic shit.

And it seems to be getting worse, because now the preteens who used to call everyone nigger and get banned, are replacing it with faggot.

Thanks for your time,
Hydrate.

Herpes

One of the rules is to play with respect, and I know I can rage (Herpes can attest more than I would like him to), my insults are typically pretty tame.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about. lol
Provehito In Altum - Launch Forth Into the Deep!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/herpes/siggy5.jpg

"Maybe Steve Irwin should have worn sun screen. It would have protected him from harmful rays."

A Really Nice Girl
You Donkey!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLexgOxsZu0
terrowrist
Well correct me if am I wrong, but the n-word is really more offensive than calling some person a faggot.

Also, if you think man, this generation where teens on the internet play games are much more goober than they were before. It's not easy to control the amount of profanity in the servers. I have spoken to Scooby if swearing is allowed and its not just swearing, but any word that sounds offensive and he said swearing is allowed, but to some extent.

I mean the only way to completely remove profanity language from these servers is to either make it a ban-able offense if it is said x amount of times or for ever profanity word, the player has to chip in $10. Ten swears ($100 goes to server costs Smile
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

Evil_Zodiac
actually when someone calls someone else a "fag or faggot" in excess and it becomes a problem admins have been known to crack down on it. It can be offensive to some parties ...I think really it depends on the context ..if its meant as a hurtful / degrading attack or someone just lets it go as an everyday alternative to other words
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Doppelganger
Evil_Zodiac wrote:
as an everyday alternative to other words

Yeah, like, you big, black faggot. So much nicer. Honestly, if it's a person simply joking around, then it shouldn't be a big deal, but if it's an attack, that's a different story.

Either way, if it bothers you, don't respond. It's as easy as that. If you don't respond, they're not gonna keep pressing it.
i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn71/chappell2011/odst.png
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/303469_101.png

Scooby
It sounds as what Hydrate is saying though is that it isn't being used in a joking mannor, rather as an insult or just to agitate whoever is playing. I don't agree with it either way. Racial epithets aren't just about ones skin color but can also be atributied to ones sexual connotation.
We need to watch this that it isn't allowed to get out of hand everyone. Use good judgement and if someone is asking for another player to stop using words like this, don't let it ride. After all it is about all of us getting along in server. Dogz admin have a responsibility that comes with your admn privledges.

Scooby

skinnydude
question is there any way to mute someone..say someone is being a dick..i have to mute him everymap...or ban him...when all i really want to do is mute once and he will stay that way untill i unmute or he leaves....in death match it is hard for me to pull my admin panel up..by the time i get it up and ready to mute or ban i am way behind...

Kush
Skinny if someone is breaking the rules then you need to worry about them not your Kdr.

skinnydude
i do but then my kdr drops....i am just saying it would be better if there was perma mute just till they leave....to make it easy on me....

Doppelganger
Well, there is this little thing called player mute... It sticks through matches.
i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn71/chappell2011/odst.png
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/303469_101.png

A Really Nice Girl
DoGz members shouldn't be using the player mute option, as it doesn't stop them from saying things just us from hearing what they say. Though I have to add that I wish some players would just use that... just because someone used a word you don't like doesn't mean they should be automatically banned, when you don't have to listen to them with a few simple clicks of a mouse.

Evil_Zodiac
they shouldn't have to go out of their way to not be harassed... and under "respect all players" can and will catch some time off the server.

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

A Really Nice Girl
I didnt say harassed I just mean if someone is using a word now and then you dont like thats what player mute is for... and tbh even if they do go at you, its not reallly a bad tool and its not realllly going out of your way.

Evil_Zodiac
we aren't talking about a few words here and there ...pretty much when they get out of control and its every other word out of their mouth....but if someone is offended and makes it known..then some type of action should be taken...if its muted, some type of time out....or a ban.. Pfft

A Really Nice Girl
no what I am saying zodiac is in response to Doppel that we can not use player mute.... BUT players are welcome to use it themselves, say no one is on or online, its a good tool and could be used more (as its really not hard to do)

Jump to Forum: