Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
CS: GO Beta Discussion
TigerOx
I will post some thoughts on the Beta soon.

* Old screenshots removed.

H
I like the way it looks and the money posted on score card for scrims. I just hope the game play improves. It just looks like a more plesant visual experience on an 11 year old game.
"you cant fix stupid zodiac was proof"

Tolik the Terrible
looks freaking nice

Kush
I hate to be a buzz kill but I wasnt all that impressed. I know its just the beta so maybe it will get better when the full is realesed hopefully

Evil_Zodiac
I was able to play for about 20 min...then they had an update and now i get a freakin message saying my video card/equipment isn't supported. I read in forums that this occures when they try different configurations in the beta stages...so I have to wait until they do some more updates to try again...

and to address kush: it looks like about every 1-2 days they have some type of update for the game...
Edited by Evil_Zodiac on 04-06-2012 03:19
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
terrowrist
Tiger, whats your gpu? how many frames per sec are you getting on lets say dust2 map?

Im gonna stay with Counter Strike Source.
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

skinnydude
So far idk...it will take some getting used to...i do like the updated look of the game....but its going to cuz some ppl running older cards to get new ones....

TigerOx
terrowrist wrote:

Tiger, whats your gpu? how many frames per sec are you getting on lets say dust2 map?

Im gonna stay with Counter Strike Source.

With a GTX 570 at 1920x1080 and all settings maxed out I get about 180-220 fps on dust2.

skinnydude
what cpu you got...tiger...

TigerOx
My trusty old Q6600, overclocked to 3.4GHz.

terrowrist
TigerOx wrote:

With a GTX 570 at 1920x1080 and all settings maxed out I get about 180-220 fps on dust2.

Nice. That's smooth!
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

HandofGod
So I've been playing it for about a month now. I hate their gun game type modes, Arms Race and Demolition. I find I'm enjoying the regular modes Casual and Competitive.

So here's my opinion.

The good.
1. Graphics are nice and the way CS should look really.
2. Runs smooth for the most part. (I have a Phenom II dual core and a radeon 5770 if anyones wondering.)
3. The price was just announced today at only $15. To be released in august.
4. It still has the counter-strike feel IMO, I didn't feel like I was playing Call of Duty or something thank god.
5. The addition of the moltov and zeus taser work well.
The zeus is one shot instant kill, but you have to almost be in knifing range for it to work. Pretty fun really.
The moltov is a nice tactical addition in that it doesn't do tons of damage, but when you have a big group running at you it tends to stop them in their tracks as it slows them down and eats away their armor if you try to go through it.

The bad.
1. Hopefully fixed before release. Very buggy still. Lots of file loading erros you will see in the console.
2. They reversed the knife buttons. Left mouse is one hit kill now. (good or bad? you decide)
3. WEAPONS - Most guns you used to rely on are pretty shitty right now. Like the AK is no longer a sniping headshot machine. The Galil is better.
They added a sawed off shotgun which just destroys in close quarters, way OP.
They added a (P2000?) starting pistol for the CT's instead of glock and it's the worst, no burst option either.
The scouts and awps are hard to tell the difference from until you hear them fire.
They took off the M4 silencer option. In fact I don't believe any guns have a silncer option. :-(
4. The palyer models can be difficult to differentiate from a far sometimes especially on darker maps. So much more team shooting I've noticed.

skinnydude
Valve has announced that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be launching on August 21st at approximately $15 on all platforms, this includes PS3, Xbox and PC. With more information is coming now.

terrowrist
skinnydude wrote:

Valve has announced that Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be launching on August 21st at approximately $15 on all platforms, this includes PS3, Xbox and PC. With more information is coming now.

Such a magnificent deal!

Carrottop
terrowrist wrote:

skinnydude wrote:

Such a magnificent deal!

No way!!!!!!!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/974_101.png

skinnydude
yep...only for pc tho...15$$$$ is a deal...

HandofGod
Wow what an amazing price!....Good to know people read my shit.
HandofGod wrote:

So I've been playing it for about a month now. I hate their gun game type modes, Arms Race and Demolition. I find I'm enjoying the regular modes Casual and Competitive.

So here's my opinion.

The good.
1. Graphics are nice and the way CS should look really.
2. Runs smooth for the most part. (I have a Phenom II dual core and a radeon 5770 if anyones wondering.)
---> 3. The price was just announced today at only $15. To be released in august.
4. It still has the counter-strike feel IMO, I didn't feel like I was playing Call of Duty or something thank god.
5. The addition of the moltov and zeus taser work well.
The zeus is one shot instant kill, but you have to almost be in knifing range for it to work. Pretty fun really.
The moltov is a nice tactical addition in that it doesn't do tons of damage, but when you have a big group running at you it tends to stop them in their tracks as it slows them down and eats away their armor if you try to go through it.

The bad.
1. Hopefully fixed before release. Very buggy still. Lots of file loading erros you will see in the console.
2. They reversed the knife buttons. Left mouse is one hit kill now. (good or bad? you decide)
3. WEAPONS - Most guns you used to rely on are pretty shitty right now. Like the AK is no longer a sniping headshot machine. The Galil is better.
They added a sawed off shotgun which just destroys in close quarters, way OP.
They added a (P2000?) starting pistol for the CT's instead of glock and it's the worst, no burst option either.
The scouts and awps are hard to tell the difference from until you hear them fire.
They took off the M4 silencer option. In fact I don't believe any guns have a silncer option. :-(
4. The palyer models can be difficult to differentiate from a far sometimes especially on darker maps. So much more team shooting I've noticed.

Carrottop
I cant wait for it to come out!!!!!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/974_101.png

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Ive played it for a while now, and Its ok, not great by any means though, Reg, seems way off, alot harder to get hs and do damage, no console to check damage after killing or being killed, weapons are sketchy at best, the sounds are too soft IMO, almost sounds like everything is going on in a bathroom very low and echo-ish.

However its does play fairly well, pretty smooth, graphics are what they should but doesnt suck up much fps on my rig, I use an on amd athlon x64 3.2ghz dual processor, nvidia 8800gtx video card and 4gb DDR2 Corsair gaming ram..
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/199_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/1303590402.png

Ashley_
I'm curious to try it. However, I've heard alot of people tell me that it isn't all that fantastic Sad
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/158764_201.png

https://twitter.com/#!/_ashole
Jump to Forum: