Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Constant Server Disconnects - HELP!
markues
Hi,

I've been playing on your servers for quite some time and I've quite enjoyed my time on them, but lately there's been some issues. About every 3-5 minutes or so I will all of a sudden be disconnected from the server I'm playing on and given the message: "Disconnect: Trouble communicating with the server .." This occurs on all of your servers.

I've double checked everything on my end:
I'm on a fiber connection
My ping on your servers is between 20 and 70
I have no issues joining games or playing in them, only these random disconnects
I've completely reinstalled CS:S with no correction
I've just reformatted my machine, with no fix to the problem
This error does not occur anywhere but on your servers
I've changed my rate settings as well as all the other settings you've listed in your help threads to what you suggested, with no fix.
This only started happening just recently.

My machine is Windows 7 btw.

So I'm reaching out for help here, I'd really like to keep playing on your servers, but at the moment that does not seem possible due to this constant issue. I think this may be something triggered by your servers, so let me know what I can do to fix this issue

Thanks,

markues

TigerOx
Our servers detect your connection 'loss'. If it exceeds our minimums you will be disconnected. We do this to keep the servers smoother by kicking lagging clients. Only 2 or 3 people a day are kicked because of this. There must be an issue on your connection/computer.

Check your rates then use 'net_graph 3' to see your 'loss' and report back.

markues
Well my loss sits at "0" 98% of the time, sometimes jumping to 1 and very rarely 2, but it'll be at 0 right before I get disconnected.

[EDIT]: I tried playing on some other servers and my loss would spike up to 13 if there were many other players in my view.

I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that I'm playing on a wireless connection....but I dunno, because I can play on your servers on my mac with zero problems, and the two computers are right next to each other.

TigerOx
I made some adjustments to log some more info about your loss. Try playing a bit and we will see what we can do to help.

Jump to Forum: