Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
Sexism, New 3D?, and CS:GO Labour
Batty
So I was reading some things today about Dead Island, you know, to see if it's worth my coin, and I found something... kinda funny. As some of you may know, the Steam Edition of Dead Island, when released, was the wrong version. It was, apparently, the developement package and was making gamers crash and fly about the world. Very big oopsie, heh. However, there was a bigger oopsie made by a programmer of the game. Since it was readily available to players, some fokes decided to poke around the programming (since it was available to poke at being a Dev Kit) and found an interesting tid-bit.
Apparently, one of the playable characters in the game has a weird ability where she gets +15% DMG to male NPCs. This ability was called 'Gender War" However, in early programming, most likely as a joke in the office, the ability in the programming was titled "Feminist Whore".
Sadly, the class clown is going to pay for his joke and will probably have a stern talking to in the sense of a pink slip. Now, granted, this was probably fixed up and whatnot before the game was finished and retailed but since someone fucked up in the final steps for PC release and someone like you and me were a bit too nosey, he's probably going to get a belting much like your daddy gave you when you were 4.
http://gotgame.co...d-apology/

In other news, apparently Sony is releasing another overpriced 3D device. It's a headset that sort of looks like a duck beak. An $800 duck at that. However, it's not a headset or goggles that you would wear to watch a TV screen, it IS the tv screen. The headset, which basically functions like a Virtual Reality headset, has dual screens within that allow the 3D imaging, and connect via a long wire to a small box, which looks to be no bigger then your average Router. On the back, it would be assumed, that there is one or more HDMI ports. This would be REALLY cool for video games, which is why i bring it up... well, if you have the cash to spend on it. Oh, but good luck getting one, it's releasing in Japan and has no North American date.
http://www.anandt...se-release

And finally, it look like our newest edition of CounterStrike may be more trouble then it's worth. Some of the features offered have brought up some VERY valid questions. Most importantly, Will the Skill-Matching system make it so we can't play together? How will this effect Mods?
Now, I have no idea how long it takes to build an actual mod. Making a sticky nade is one thing, altering gameplay to change how it's done is completely different. Either way, I expect DoGz to be running Vanilla in CSGO for some time.
Other issues arise of finding hosts that actually support the game right off the bat, unless Tiger, you already have the ins on getting a CSGO server hooked up around launch. And even if we do, it seems like this Skill-Matching system may require some serious tweaking to get it working right. All I can say is... good luck, fellas.
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

IhasAcellular
I really dislike this whole 3d thing thats flying around. It provides 0 benefit, and kills your eyes. I was playing my buddies 3ds this weekend...after about an hour, it became quite annoying.

Frown
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Jump to Forum: