May's Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Seperate talking for dead and alive players?
Blubber
Ello everyone. Don't usually post much around here but I came up with a suggestion I've seen in other servers that I enjoy, so figured I'd pitch it here.

Seperate the dead players' voice chat from the alive players.

Main reason for this, usually when someone dies, with a mic, they start talking right away on either how much of a bs kill it was or just talking to hear their own voice (you know, the ones that NEVER shut up). Makes it harder for other players to listen within the game while they're still in the game. Another attribute would be ghosting, although it really isn't an issue in your servers, but it happens time to time.

I for one don't play with a head set or a mic. Yes, I own one, have tried to play, but I tend not to be the most talkative person and don't really enjoy the headset aspect of hearing. And it gets annoying sometimes when you're trying to play the game and there's a full blown conversation going on. I'm well aware of MUTE PLAYERS, it's my best friend. But I don't mind talking back and forth here and there, it's when a full out conversation gets going that keeps me from being able to hear that prick about to knife me Cool

Just a suggestion, I've seen it on other servers.

Thanks,
Caboose

Batty
Though I can see the logic in doing this, I think it would be more of an annoyance then anything. Nothing would bother ME more then being in the middle of a convo and not being able to finish it till next round. I have that annoyance issue when I'm typing, due to the need of a long-winded comment.

Or... just half the time i wanna say something witty and 30seconds later no one gives a damn so the joke is lost to waste =(
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

IhasAcellular
To be perfectly honest....the majority of players who frequent our servers are in it for fun, and the voice aspect adds to that. If you dont want to deal with people talking after being killed, just turn it down in your settings Smile
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Evil_Zodiac
yeah i was about to comment on ...how serious of a player are you when you need to hear where everyone is in GG ....scrims and other things i totally agree but not for this type of gaming Grin but we do appreciate your post good sir. HAPPY GAMING!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Sniper Jesus
player list exists exactly for this reason........
img826.imageshack.us/img826/7615/24ceck7.gif

Blubber
Was just a suggestion. Not a serious gamer, I use your server and this game to unwind a bit from the day, and last thing I wanna do in my unwind period is listen to someone talk non stop. I'll detune my voice settings, as I've already done. But as I said, I don't mind talking back and forth here and there, just when a full blown conversation gets going and you can't hear anything in game.

And zodiac, some of us need sound to figure out where people are Smile

Evil_Zodiac
hell no you just need to be paranoid and turn around every 2 sec you don't need sound!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Jump to Forum: