Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Reg on DoGz [GunGame Turbo] Reverse|
M3GATRON
Now I know I am not a genius at figuring out how servers work and how much difference does the latency and ping make to any player, but sometimes when I get bored of same few maps voted over and over on this server, I try out different servers.
I dont wanna announce the name of this server, but all I can say is that his server is "reverse Turbo server too" and I think the reg is much better compared to the DoGz reverse turbo server. Even on the fast nade/arena server, I feel like the reg is better.

Now before jumping to any conclusions, this is all one person's thinking and conclusion, so I ask for someone else to correct me if I am wrong about this. Maybe I was just having a bad day and couldn't get a kill . Frown

I would really appreciate if someone actually looked into it and make some necessary changes to make the gameplay much better.
Good Luck Smile
I'll cut you, I'll cut you up so bad you, you gonna wish I no cut you so bad!
http://www.youtub...npcgBLXbLc
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/3268_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/2243259204.png

IhasAcellular
Ive thought/noticed the same thing for years. Frown

Reg isn't bad on any of our other servers either. I get much better hit registry on the DM server than the turbo server....too bad I greatly dislike dm! Pfft

Its kinda odd really, I seem to remember late 2008/early 2009 when I noticed the change.
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

TigerOx
I hope you only noticed this recently. In the last few days the server has been running with a different resource management setup.

I noticed the results were not that great. I have made some changes this morning and it should be better.

IhasAcellular
uh oh...You didn't happen to start this new resource management setup last Tuesday did you?

I installed a new version of windows and seemed to notice improved hit registry/latency and I was attributing it to the reinstall. If you started something new that was actually causing it, im going to be sad.....haha
Edited by IhasAcellular on 06-09-2011 15:21
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

TigerOx
The latency improvements should stay the same. I think everyone should have about 3-5ms lower latency than before.

IhasAcellular
My change was a bit more significant....I went from my abnormal 100+ latency that I had been dealing with for a few weeks, back to my normal 45-60. Im not home yet or I would jump in the server and test it out.
- Pretzel

TigerOx
Let me know how the reg is tonight. I will make another change tomorrow morning and we can see if it gets any better.

M3GATRON
all right, thanx for looking into this guys. Ill wil ldefinitely let you know my opinion in few days about the reg.Grin
I'll cut you, I'll cut you up so bad you, you gonna wish I no cut you so bad!
http://www.youtub...npcgBLXbLc
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/3268_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/2243259204.png

IhasAcellular
Reg seems to be back at its normal level, which is unfortunate for me!

Oh well, my ping went down about 10ms Pfft
- Pretzel

Jump to Forum: