PORTAL MAP FOR CS:S!

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050001.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050000.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050002.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050004.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050005.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/gg_portal_testchamber050007.jpg

i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/newlayoutofportalmap-2.png

Its a small map to play on and I took allot time making the map and i hope everyone enjoys my map.

My map is 24/24 slots i hope the map have enough slots for your severs, if not enough. Please let me know to make it 32/32 slots.

DOWNLOAD LINK HERE------> http://www.mediafire.com/?s1ayda158372vyw

More of my maps here: http://www.gameba...aps/434559

Thank you and Enjoy! Also I see batty is a skilled map maker too. Add me in gamebanana Batty, if you wish to do so.

MOO! Smile
Edited by afriendlycow on 14-08-2011 21:38

Batty
Awwww I totally wish I thought to do this. This actually looks kinda fun, I'll have to DL it and check it out privately for sure!

As for game-banana, I have an account but tend to not upload there as it kinda defeats the purpose of "exclusive dogz maps" if I publicize them
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

IhasAcellular
I should start joining forums to advertise my maps too! Oh wait, I cant map my way out of a paper bag... :3

Ive always enjoyed portal, not sure how these would play though.

Might have to give them a try Pfft
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Carrottop
I think the map would be better if it wasnt just a straight line to base to base.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/974_101.png

afriendlycow
Carrottop wrote:
I think the map would be better if it wasnt just a straight line to base to base.

That is gun game for you when it was first made into cs:s
To be specific:
gg_concer, gg_ blue area, gg mario maps, gg_texture maps, gg lego maps, simpsons maps and gg_fun_times. They all are not challenging. Also they are base to base. But I made a challenging maps and most people hate it, everytime. They said: as I Quote it: "its too hard or confusing or have to put more effort to play as in killing other player or laggy."

I see players want it simple and strainght forward and done to the kills of gameplay. gg_aimshotty, fy_snow are TWL maps and that is why I made this map simple and short just like the rest of gg maps. And some people hate change of something they already mastered. For example: you learn to add 2+2=4 then algebra then algebra 1 & 2 then your like wtf i am not liking this at all. So people simple ignored it and don't bother. I made a map of valve fans already know and simple layout for players to enjoy.

But if you guys want a custom map made by me with portal or anything else as in of a different theme just ask me or your fav. loving batty too, please let me the cow or batty know.

Thank You! Smile

Batty i'll love to do a map project with you for the dogz clan. And we can talk on vent or TeamSpeak3, while making the map(s).
Edited by afriendlycow on 15-08-2011 14:23

TigerOx
Added this to our Turbo and DM Arena server for testing.

Thanks.

Batty
Tested it out myself and ran it on Turbo. It's a bit... uneventful, and there's only a single path to take which doesn't allow for much variation or adventurism. I also noticed, when testing it privately, that there's open views to the Void, which causes for headache inducing visuals.

My suggestion would be to perhaps add 1 or two alternative routes (much like you can sneak behind the walls of test chambers in the actual game to go through doors and scaffolding) and definitely seal off the leaked areas, perhaps just a big black box around the whole map. That should solve that easily enough.

=)

Texturing and optimization is great overall, so when i heard people saying that the map was "laggy as hell" I didn't bother paying attention as that's mostly do to their computers or Internets being just plain crappy... or both.
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3

afriendlycow
I agree batty, i had a feeling i might have to make more routes for the map. I'll brb and make some routes for the map.

Grin

Sniper Jesus
its portal, must use portals someplace!!!!!!!!!! makes orange blue purple and red windows!!!! otherwise its just a test chamber
img826.imageshack.us/img826/7615/24ceck7.gif

delusional
Sniper Jesus wrote:
its portal, must use portals someplace!!!!!!!!!! makes orange blue purple and red windows!!!! otherwise its just a test chamber

Totally agree. You need portals!

afriendlycow
delusional wrote:
Sniper Jesus wrote:

Totally agree. You need portals!

You can't put portals in CS:S. WHY? valve dose not allow it at all possible to make it happen.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Batty check it out! I hope you like the new changes on the map. Grin

OLD BETA!
i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/newlayoutofportalmap-2.png

NEW FINAL COMING SOON!
i72.photobucket.com/albums/i171/darkcow77/portaladded.png

I'll finish the map tomorrow. ^0^ Grin
Edited by afriendlycow on 16-08-2011 02:14

Sniper Jesus
I beg to differ.........you do not need to make the visible "portal" look thorugh yet you can use the teleport function and make them link if you walk through one you go to the other......

afriendlycow
Sniper Jesus wrote:
I beg to differ.........you do not need to make the visible "portal" look thorugh yet you can use the teleport function and make them link if you walk through one you go to the other......

yes i already knew about the Func_tigger_teleport, it just dose not feel or like the same as the portal because the portal the game, which pushes you out of the portal and anyone wants to enter what they have exit the portal: for example I enter the blue portal and exit the orange portal. I try to enter orange then I'll be pushed away for adding the Func_trigger_push. I know i don't have to put Func_tigger_push in there, its just not the same when I enter the orange and not push out of the blue.

I love to put portals in the map but every time i made teleports maps, no one really plays them or not at all and only a few maps are played with teleports like mario and two other maps and that is it.

Plus I am thinking strategy game play for gg players that want too and putting one teleport will ruin the whole map for the reason below i explain later. Also i can image someone on knife level got knifed and rages and never play "my map" again or even other maps I made just because of that dumb sore ass loser or rep on their kdr attitude and tell his friends to not play my maps as well. So I am very careful, what I put in my maps. I want most people to enjoy it, because i know not everyone will like my maps i have made and so be it.

So no portals, I have to make a large map like halo maps just to put in teleports because it helps to get across large scale maps and i am building a small/medium map. Also i can see noobs sitting near by the the portals and knife players and people will just leave the sever. I want severs be populated with the maps i make for sever owners to enjoy.

Thankyou for your time reading this and have a nice day and my map will be done sometime today or tomorrow. Grin

Sniper Jesus
well solution, when you put the exits to a portal slightly off to one side of it, and then make the orange portal teleport you to the side of the blue..... and do this for both sets of colors.

and you could make it so that if you are looking at someone go in the blue, you at the same time can see them come out the orange........

afriendlycow
NEW PORTAL MAP FOR CS:S REQUESTED BY BATTY

Screen Shots for all to view: http://photobucke.../portalmap

Thanks Batty you enjoyed the beta version of my map and helping me making my map better with your suggestions.

Download link here: http://www.mediaf...iaopptb2a9

Thank You and Enjoy! Grin

afriendlycow
so what do you guys think of the map so far?

afriendlycow
Sniper Jesus wrote:
well solution, when you put the exits to a portal slightly off to one side of it, and then make the orange portal teleport you to the side of the blue..... and do this for both sets of colors.

and you could make it so that if you are looking at someone go in the blue, you at the same time can see them come out the orange........

Two things about that, first thing, I only have mapping skills and not custom coding skills, you can't do it at all on the mapping skills and valve did not make that happen or allow too.
The second thing is it can be very possible to do it, if i knew how to custom code maps. which i don't know how to do it at all.

So i am out of luck doing custom portals to make them as i want them to be and you wanted to be as well. Sniper Jesus, i wanted to do it in the start of making the map and at the time i could not find a spot to add them and now i have found spots to slap them on a wall, but i don't have any custom coding skills for SKD. And just me knowing regular SDK coding to make maps. If anyone you know is willing to custom code the map, I'll let them do it.

MOO!

afriendlycow
I guess no one care? *sigh* oh well :/

Sniper Jesus
the map has not been loaded onto the server that I know of, and I personally have not downloaded it....i don't think anyone has currently.....give it a few days, we will get back to you

Batty
don't expect map updates instantly, It usually takes between 1-5 weeks before my maps are uploaded, and i work here.

Your upload's speed, though surprising, can be chalked up to good timing.

Jump to Forum: