Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Dogz Gogworks (Finished)
Batty
Is it just me, or am I starting to dominate/flood the public chat with threads?

Anyways, yay! My third and no-where-near final map is done ^_^

This one was a sort of... random request that sounded really easy to do and it was! Though for some reason, I have never seen a map like this, and it looks like so much fun. Confusing as all hell, mind you, but fun!

And I got a fun way of showing them off to you guys, too! I think I will do this from now on, actually, as it's a GREAT way to show off what the map looks like in a 30 second run, and you guys can comment about things you don't like, such as lighting and whatnot, before I make a final save and upload it to the server! I'm very happy about this improvement, actually, and I think it'll make my map building a lot better and improve quality and re-writes of the maps as Dogz Arena 2 has been downloaded by some of you FOUR times with different names now.

So with that, I welcome you to preview the up and coming... Dogz Cogworks
No Camping. No Bullshit. No Mercy.
This fast paces, 10 minute max map will kick your teeth in and you'll love every second of it.

VIDEO LINK, for play preview
http://www.youtub...ChDsSFAP-M

i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/gg_dogz_cogworks0002.jpg

i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/gg_dogz_cogworks0001.jpg

i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/gg_dogz_cogworks0000.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.fpsban...aps/143507

<3
Bailey
Edited by Batty on 28-08-2010 17:55

Scooby
I noted that there were walk arounds on the sides of the cogs. Is there a way to just shave it down to where you have no through area on the sides? I think it would make it that much more difficult.

I'd also suggest that there be a small wall behind which players can spawn without getting picked off before they even get a shot off. That always seems to be an issue where you can see across a map.

As far as within the cogs themselves... maybe inside one of the pairs of rings, intermittent spikes? That way you really have to keep moving....

By the way.... this would definitley rock on deathmatch as well as gungame...

Lastly.... thank you for all your hard work and enthusiasm. It's nice to have someone with such passion for the fun of the game. You and Tiger have really added and element to the DoGz now that has changed the landscape of this operation. Thank you....

Scooby

Batty
I don't want to use things such as booby traps and spikes and such in my map to cause deaths that are not a result of a bullet. I find that any pits, gas, acid, spikes, etc all hinder a GunGame map as it counts as suicide, thus losing a level and annoying people more then anything. So I won't be adding anything like that to my maps any time soon.

But I definitely have ideas to lessen the likelihood of people getting pot-shotted on round start. I'll edit it up a bit and we'll see what you think.

Batty
Scooby wrote:
I'd also suggest that there be a small wall behind which players can spawn without getting picked off before they even get a shot off. That always seems to be an issue where you can see across a map.

Actually you know what, going back into the map... I stood at the spawn for 5 minutes straight, looking through every angle possible, and the rotating rings never once allow for a single straight-through shot to the other spawn.

The odds of anyone getting a pot-shot would be impossible.

Batty
GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE *professor Fonzworth voice*

Read the original post (as it's been edited) for more info!

TigerOx
map added!

Looks good.

Jump to Forum: