Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Glass Map Server
ozone
Playing the other night, a few of us went to the ScoutzKnivez server, so me and badseed were chatting about the old days and we wondered if a glass map server would be a good try, if we were to try something new. I know Tiger likes to try to add a server, like ScoutzKnivez, and I'm not sure, but it does not seem to take on with the regulars. ScoutzKnivez, surfing maps, etc, takes a special player.

Wonder if it would be a good try to make a glass map server, replace the ScoutzKnivez, try it. I think the regulars would try it. There are all kinds of good maps, all are still available, just not sure how it would be setup, does it werk say with gg5? GG5 may not be the way to go, but ppl would get a blast out of some of the glass maps me and badseed used to play, and it seems there are not too many on the network these days.

I think a well put together glass map server would be something to try, would like to hear feedback, especially from Tiger, since he knows more about this also.

Thanks
ozone

th3p0p0
heh i remember these from the old days. i dont think its a bad idea but i dont think that a server with nothing but glass maps will go well maybe a mini games server with that and bhop and surf and god knows what else.

subwolfer
i say it cant be worse than an empty scout knife server might as well try it if it doesnt work we can alwasy change it and while its up Ozone can get it out of his systemGrin
"If you want to be happy be ignorant, if you want to know the truth prepare to become a cynic"

hlstatsx.dogzgaming.com/sig-326-random.png

3DSHROOM
I think we shoudl focus more on the gg servers Smile

Ctrl-Alt-Del
yeah i think it would be cool, but i do think an all glass map server may get old but def worth a shot!! i knw i love those maps!!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/199_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/1303590402.png

badseed
glass maps keep things interesting! i think it would be some neat stuff! nice call ozone!

Crown
It doesn't really matter if it's scoutzknivez or glass...as long as you have clan members playing in it consistantly then people will join. Glass would be more appealing to the newer CS player, though.

CronicBob
tf2 and ill start playing

TigerOx
The ScoutzKnivez server has already been busier than our GG Classic was.

I don't think it is wise to add anymore servers until the CSS update is finished.

I believe it will kill CSS in general, so lets wait and see.

TigerOx
Edited by TigerOx on 14-05-2010 08:59

Wtf
How about a Css beta server? GG plz plz plz i hate playing normal..
Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/rikuiv0/Countersig.png

TigerOx
Considering only 3 of our members have the beta.

DoGz will not get a beta server running until the final is released, or there is an open beta.
Edited by TigerOx on 14-05-2010 12:58

ozone
It's something to keep in mind if you ever run a vote in the future for a change or added server.
ozone

TigerOx
I like the idea, just not sure what will happen after the CSS update.

No confirmation yet if GunGame is running properly or not. I assume there will need to be major changes made after the update to keep our servers compatible.
Edited by TigerOx on 14-05-2010 23:22

ozone
Ahh, yes, I have been hearing bits about this update, they re-writing the engine I take it. Great, this should be interesting.
ozone

badseed
in the mean time i started one up!

ozone
Thumbs Up badseed!
ozone

ozone
wow, a private server, and we had a few ppl join from internet find. All said that glass maps are dying, they were happy to find the server.
ozone

CronicBob
whats ip? i think i used to play glass maps back in day but cant remember

Jump to Forum: