Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
fps
Wtf
ok my fps is always 20 or below and i dont knwo why i reformat my computer every month on the 1st and i have a nvidia 8600gts graphics card anyone know why it might be acting out and only givimg me 20 fps? also in gun fight my fps dropps to between 1-5
Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/rikuiv0/Countersig.png

J Falcone
Try running the video stress test from the options screen and see if that changes any of your values? Also look at the refresh rates on your monitor - also, cut down any background processes you've got going.

http://www.jamesmconnors.com
Spook
yea a stress test would help. Also make sure go get updated drivers for the vid card. also might wanna try sites like Guru3d. Or search via google saying ur vid card name and short statement about hte problem.

Wtf
well the video stress tested worked a lil my fps went to 40 and now wont go lower then 15 but when i first installed the card i was pulling 100 i also knwo i have the lastest update i went to the site and updated also reformated mycomputer and closed everyting running in the backgroud from aim to windows updatemaneger to my firewall the fps is better and i guess i cant complain but why would it go from 100 to 40?
Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker
i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm151/rikuiv0/Countersig.png

Spook
mobo drivers?

DumpTruck
deffinatly check what you are running in the back ground, check the settings on the card in like the Nvida settings not just cs settings.. like you may need to see how much ram it is using and see about your virtual memory settings.. that is my best guesses
i mean i run a ati 9800 and it is 5 years old same with all the other parts my mobo and a 2500 processor, so i mean i ge 35- 55 on a normal.
[
dogz.hlstatsx.com/hlstats.php/sig/4169_random.png

Auzzie
im running an ati 800 and im pulling like 95fps, but i used to have the same prob as wtf

http://www.acidavengers.co.uk
Administrator
also you might want to check to make sure your new card is fully compatible with the motherboard. nvidia cards know how to limit their chipspeed if the card isn't supported. Also make sure your video card is getting enough voltage and not overheating.. overheating creates a huge degrade in performance.

Jump to Forum: