Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Any Ideas
Gear_shifter
This is my first post here on the Dogz site, so lest see how i do.

I'm going to be buying some upgrades for my computer and I was thinking of getting a killer card, dose anyone know if improves Lag and Latency, or if by Bypassing the Windows Network Stack actually dose improve it as much as it says it dose. I'm not going to list everything it dose so heres a link http://www.killer...fault.aspx, I'm looking at the M1. I would like to get a new case because these 5 80's(all together I have 10 fans) sound like a jet, and the last two things I need to get are a second monitor and some surround sound speakers. A monitor should be easy and I'm going to get Logitech Z-5500 Digital for some 1337 sound.

Any tips or ideas

Thanks

Wheels
if you buy speakers to game with, you'll never do good. Headphones will ALWAYS trump speakers for giving quality in game sound. A good set of surround speakers will do you good for music, but if you don't buy atleast a 50 dollar pair of headphones, you're not going to be competitive enough when it gets down to the serious action. Hell, my Razer headphones ran me near $130.
www.picamatic.com/show/2008/08/20/10/859200_597x199.jpg
I am mother fuckin' Freddy

dementia
Welcome to the DoGz House!

Headsets do make it easier to hear footsteps and such. Plus they cancel out sounds in your home that will distract you from the hunt :-P I use plantronic DSP 500 i think. my bf buys all that shit so im not sure of the model. As for the rest of the stuff Im not so good at.

Again Welcome to the DoGz House! I look forward to killing you <3.

www.myspace.com/bottom_d
Wheels
http://www.razerz...ucts_id=38

Won't do you wrong.
www.picamatic.com/show/2008/08/20/10/859200_597x199.jpg
I am mother fuckin' Freddy

Spook
i know a guy that has a "gaming room" he uses surround sound speakers and it works just fine. he has them behind him like they should be. So it all depends on what u want. If people in your house dont care about hearing the noise it works. if they do then a headset works great. different strokes for different folks.

Gear_shifter
Yea those headphones look nice, the The Razer Barracuda HP-1. Thanks for the ideas, I'm probly going to end up getting both lol. I have a nice pair of headphones right now but for long gaming they tend to make my ears really hot, so i think its time for a new pair.

Dose anyone know anything about the killer card?

Jump to Forum: