Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
match server
chilleo
Think for scrims you guys should get rid of the !buylevel and !give command. Make it more TWL like ya know.

Also get rid of the triple level it is a match server show them how good yinz are Smile

Just my 2 cents

TigerOx
We don't have a match server. You may have been playing on another match server that we use often. When we get a match server it will be setup for twl.

Thanks.
TigerOx

ohyesidid
Yay match server!!
Where's BOB??????

chilleo
when do you guys plan on getting a match server? Also how much more $ would that be Wink. Like i said im here to help out when i can. But alot of stuff does come up so i wont be able to donate constantly.

ohyesidid
We have a match server Chilleo. Its IP is on the front page and it was set up with TWL config.
Where's BOB??????

chilleo
why dont we play on it then?

chilleo
bc the one we play on has !give and buylevel which let me go find the rules

chilleo
This feature of Gun Game has been ruled an exploit due to the abuse of this command by many teams. We are unable to allow the command in any shape or form due to the fact that it would cause a huge amount of disputes, slowing down the flow of the ladder.

As to the picking up of other weapons that are laying around I will see if something can be added to the config files to prevent weapons from being automaticly picked up.

http://www.teamwa...did=410946

chilleo
Why cant you just remove the !give command from the gungame source files downloaded here or I can provide a tutorial for server owners/operators to remove the command all togeather. This keeps any team from using it at all.

Its simple really, go to addons\gg_turbo_mode.txt and rename the !give command to anything you want, so when players type !give then the server doesnt recognize it and wont give them another weapon because they didnt type the "right" command.

problem solved.

Defcon

that should be done fyi. sry im making multiple post just trying to help

TigerOx
just don't use it.

problem solved.

ohyesidid
Ahahahahahaha. Tiger your so funny!! First of all our actual scrim server does not have !buylevel in it. The !give function is there because TWL has not removed it from there dl package that Tiger used. For scriming I like the !give command in that it give you the ability to get a gun from your team mates when your on nade (since TWL config only gives you a knife and a nade).
Where's BOB??????

chilleo
see its fine for scrims ill let it go but seriously if yinz do get back in twl i would seriously remove it bc if anyone uses it its a forfeit for the team. And buy level is on that server i have used it

TigerOx
Our scrim server is located at: 69.12.92.132:27016

Let me just keep it real simple.

Our scrim server has been setup with the gungame files directly from TWL. I have made no changes, and you are not supposed to make changes to their files. The !give function is illegal in TWL, so don't use it during scrims or matches.

There is some confusion b/c we have been using ODB's server for scrims. Ours does not have BUYLEVEL.

TigerOx

TigerOx
I feel like the same question has been answered 3 times now.

Use our TWL match server and everything will be fine.

TigerOx
Edited by TigerOx on 14-10-2008 10:54

chilleo
ok i wasnt sure just bc when i scrim with you guys i got to what ever server Jkilla goes to???

Jump to Forum: