Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Remove Level Down on Knife
Papa Petro
I think we'd all be better off if we removed the level down whenever someone gets knifed in gun game. It's not a fun mechanic and always feels terrible when you get knifed: no matter what skill level. I know it's good for demoralizing/griefing tactics to "slow" down a fast pacer, but most of the time is just feels dirty regardless of the intent/ethics behind it. It's just an old rule in gun game that frankly should've went away along time ago along with the /suicide & /die commands.

I love knifing, just hate the lvling down (both receiving it and giving it). It's not necessary and would make knifing a lot more fun and less of a bummer. That's my logic.

That One Guy
Alternately, you have it only level you down if the knifer is lower level than the victim or not more than X level above the victim. This is already coded into the gungame plugin and just needs to be turned on and set.
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
DKC
To each their own. I would vote otherwise. Love you both.

Mac WHENEVS
As much as I hate getting knifed back to knife or nade level (especially by Tex), it's so much fun to do it to others (especially Tex), that it all balances out.

DKC
I think we should get some input from players who are the opposite of good, like Mac & Tex

Waterpumpee
The level down from a knife death adds a strategic element to the matches that enhances the overall experience significantly, in my opinion. It is also the source of a ton of fun for a lot of people (on either end of the blade).
i.imgur.com/ZU20s7G.gif

Mac WHENEVS
DKC wrote:

I think we should get some input from players who are the opposite of good, like Mac & Tex

Really hurtful.

DKC
I'm sorry Mac, I love you forever. Sometimes I just feel like you don't care because you won't speak to me with your beautiful voice.

Mac WHENEVS
DKC wrote:

I'm sorry Mac, I love you forever. Sometimes I just feel like you don't care because you won't speak to me with your beautiful voice.

It's hard to talk through the tears, but I care more than you'll ever know.

That One Guy
DKC wrote:

To each their own. I would vote otherwise. Love you both.

To be clear, I like it as it is. My suggestion to not let it level you down if 15+ levels difference is more of a comprimise.

www.togcoding.com
DKC
I think the important thing to remember here is that Mac and I love each other and that is more important than anything...even solving world hunger.

That One Guy
DKC wrote:

I think the important thing to remember here is that Mac and I love each other and that is more important than anything...even solving world hunger.

FACTS.

www.togcoding.com
Jump to Forum: