Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
SOOO.... Dumb Questions
GrowinGanja
So, ive played css for an EXTREMELY long time but ive NEVER tried to play anything beyond casual play. I dont bhop but i know what it looks like and at one time was able to tinker with it a bit. I dont cheat or use mods of any kind but ive seen them against me enough to know when im being trolled. I barely play anything outside gungame on THIS(ft/ice) server. Occasionally when its dead i default to another gungame server.

This being said I have questions about some of the things I see that look questionable. Ill leave it up to others to justify or call out whatever is or isnt legit. Again im not an expert and I cant for certain say im seeing cheating but id like to know.

Questions:

Low gravity on one player not the whole map:

This is the most recent questionable thing ive seen. This person "moon jumped" in front of me and 1 hit knifed me from the front. They jumped with low gravity they were not building momentum from a bhop. Question: Is this possible without cheating or bhopping?

Players who consistently win games with less than 25 deaths:

I get that you can be careful and check your corners and keep your deaths low. But some of these guys arent playing carefully theyre just crushing everything in sight as though they had auto aim. I see this once in a while and I question it. Im not calling out names but some of these guys are in the top 50. Ive gotten a few low death wins. I know there are insanely good players here. Some of you guys have played with me and know im not going down easily, you will know i was there. Im just saying theres some sketch in the hen house. Not really a question but some discussion on the matter wouldnt hurt.

Bugs?:

Damage through the invincibility frames on spawn:

I think this is more a bug or flaw in the spawning than a cheat or exploit. As i spawned i spawned into an exploding nade that damaged me to 48hp during my invincibility. Again this is likely a bug.

Double knife kills:

If you knife 2 people that intersect sometimes you get 2 kills and 2 levels. AFAIK this shouldnt be possible since the level up should happen the instant the first kill registers and the second should have to be earned from the next weapon. Another bug potentially.

Gripes:

Spawn camps:

Sometimes you join to an even server and people will swap teams and stack against people. This is pretty toxic and should be fixed by server balancing. But somehow it allows them to play the entire match this way.

Map Voting:

Spectators screw up map voting. while ive been known on occasion to forget im tabbed out there needs to be a change to kick spec's after 20mins or something.

Map selection:

Need to get rid of a few garbage maps. I wont be the one to choose which im pretty sure its agreed server wide a few of the maps just suck to play on.

Rabbit hole:

Balancing teams:

I doubt due to the age css has an ELO ranking system or similar. But is there a way to sort teams based on ranking data in the leaderboard?

EX: if the top 3 players on the server and the number 7 player on the server all login and start playing can we balance it so it splits them evenly by rank to each team. I do some light programming and it seems like a simple enough equation to implement. I just dont know if you can push data to the server like that.

TLDR;

Im trash and i dont understand big boy adulting and such. Please read nothing and assume im an imbecile. I mean, i probably have a tinfoil hat.

brb, getting tin foil... and drugs.... and snacks.

End

Tex Mex
Sup Ganja, low gravity is part of RTD ( roll the dice) this usually activates while you are on first knife level and type rtd during the game. RTD , as the name goes sometime can level you up from knife round or at times can make it difficult by drugging you or turning into a snail or frozen state . So next time you are on the first knife level type rtd into chat , never know you may get lucky or get slayed. BTW this is the only game I play as well.

my 2 cents on few players, some of them are really really good. Its a focus based game. I you want to make your game better reduce the crossair to smallest and focus. I consider myself avg at best but players like badseed, domi, scar, psycho and bucket and many others are really that good.

BTW I agree with you on the spectators . Here is my post from the past https://www.dogzg...ad_id=6303
Edited by Tex Mex on 23-11-2022 09:48

DKC
Hey Ganj,

Agree with Tex, there are some really good players. Having a low ping makes a huge difference for sure. The ability to bhop seems to help when knifing. Crosshair selection for me was huge - made a big difference in my ability to get headshots. I also don't max out the settings on the graphics - just middle of the road. I play on a laptop so everyone is going to be different but definitely messy with your crosshair a little.

I also think it is important to add some clarity to Tex's post. He seems to think he could be considered average, but I would disagree. He is much worse...

LOVE YOU TEX

Shock

Tex Mex
DKC is correct I am worse and he is avg at best Smile

DKC wrote:

Hey Ganj,

Agree with Tex, there are some really good players. Having a low ping makes a huge difference for sure. The ability to bhop seems to help when knifing. Crosshair selection for me was huge - made a big difference in my ability to get headshots. I also don't max out the settings on the graphics - just middle of the road. I play on a laptop so everyone is going to be different but definitely messy with your crosshair a little.

I also think it is important to add some clarity to Tex's post. He seems to think he could be considered average, but I would disagree. He is much worse...

LOVE YOU TEX

Shock

That One Guy
Others already spoke to your first two questions, though I would add to the "really good players" a few key hints:
* Crosshair placement is HUGE. if you know players come around a given corner, aim at head height.
* Some guns can spray, others you need to burst or single shot. For the spray ones, get to know how much you need to pull down to counter the recoil. Some of us have played this game WAY TOO LONG and have learned which you can do which with.
* If you damaged a player but lost the fight, try to be the first back to that player for easy kill.
* Pay attention to where people are in the map. If you are looking one direction and not seeing people, anticipate where they may be. This also ties into the crosshair placement, because when you change to look at a new location, default your crosshair to the head shot location and more often that you might expect, you can get some cheeky shots. This also applies to when you get shot in the back - try to turn/snap to the most likely location.
* Nades - Always hold down the pin on your nade. Suicide on your own nade for a free next nade. Alternately, hold your nade and run into people - they kill you and you drop it at their feet. Sometimes, thanks to no-block, you can even throw or drop it inside them, sticking them in place. Also anticipate where people will be and often you can throw over walls to common camp spots for the nade kill.
* Knives - All about that running through them and knife on the other side....or being sneaky.
* Scout - practice no-scopes. I basically run right at people and when they are so close I cant miss as easy, I fire. If close enough, I go for the head, else go for a double body. On a couple maps, it might even be easier to knife for some people).
* Shotguns - dont run/gun. Stop every time or it wont register well. Exceptions might be when you and your target are running in a straight line (e.g. following them).
* If you have other guns that are problematic for you, let me know and I can try to give more specific tips.
That said, you can always take a video and send it to an admin for review - probably on the DL though rather than throwing out public hack-usations. I usually consider other factors into how likely it is that they are cheating - steam account age/level/# games with still having no VAC bans, # wins (the more there is, the more likely they would have been caught by now), watch their gameplay and see if they have good movement and crosshair placement, etc. I will say that even all the above considered, there are still a few players I find sus and even feel surprised by myself at times with how often kills are headshots. Now if only I could get that many headshots in Apex Legends...

Damage through the invincibility frames on spawn:
If you fire your gun, invincibility turns off. Hold your shot until you are ready to get a killing shot. That is most likely why your invincibility turned off. I doubt it is a glitch.

Double knife kills:
Never seen that...

Spawn camps:
Agreed - I always try to even the teams. Please note though that it is also in your favor to be on the team getting spawn camped. You spawn and have people to kill instantly without having to cross half/all the map. So, since this is a race to kills, the lower time-to-kill is in your advantage. There are also a few maps that this is worse than others (*COUGH*REMOVE MINECRAFT*COUGH*).

Map Voting:
There have been several threads on this, but those with access to do anything are not active in the community. Who knows if this will ever get fixed. They dont need to be kicked, but rather just shouldnt be included in the vote unless they participated.

Map selection:
*COUGH*REMOVE MINECRAFT*COUGH*

Balancing teams:
Yes, there is, but it requires custom plugins, which gets back to the issue of those with access being inactive. Also, it is quite annoying to get switched mid-match unexpectedly, so there is that (although I think auto-balance immunity is a good non-pay-to-win donator perk that can bring the server more financial support).

Hope the above helps and hope to keep seeing you in game!
Edited by That One Guy on 28-11-2022 19:55
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
DKC
Great post GUY

Jump to Forum: