Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
The Spec People
Tex Mex
Hey Folks,

I was wondering if there is an option to remove folks who are on spec all day. At times few players want to rock the vote but cant because of the spectators. If possible can we programmatically remove folks who are on spec for more than 2 rounds ? this is just an suggestion.
Edited by Tex Mex on 01-09-2021 21:38

quik
I agree that RTV is almost always futile for reasons such as this. Another option that solves the same problem (that doesn't include kicking spectators who often have reserved slots) could be to adjust the formula for requiring X percent of all players to X percent of non-spectators, and maybe lowering the percentage altogether.

We have several programmers active in the community (including Tex and myself) who are more than capable and willing to help with this. "That One Guy" also has written a bunch of SourceMod plugins and could probably do this in his sleep.

PrinceOberynMartell
Tex Mex wrote:

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if there is an option to remove folks who are on spec all day. At times few players want to rock the vote but cant because of the spectators. If possible can we programmatically remove folks who are on spec for more than 2 rounds ? this is just an suggestion.

It is possible. However, I think it should be longer than two rounds if they are going to have people kicked off.

Sniper_Wolf-
would it be easier to set up RTV to ignore spectators maybe?
gameme.dogzgaming.com/progress/3b89217abe69980149ff8b55daaac9bf/sig_652042_2_1_en.png

Tex Mex
SniperUSIC wrote:

That's an even better idea !

Tex Mex
PrinceOberynMartell wrote:

Tex Mex wrote:

Hey Folks,

It is possible. However, I think it should be longer than two rounds if they are going to have people kicked off.

You are in spec all day Smile

quik
Tex Mex wrote:

SniperUSIC wrote:

That's an even better idea !

Isn't that the same idea as
... adjust the [RTV] formula for requiring X percent of all players to X percent of non-spectators...
but with prettier and fewer words? Wink
Edited by quik on 08-09-2021 14:43

quik
Scratch the comment about That One Guy knowing how to do this. Found this thread of his from 2013 asking how to do the same thing: https://forums.al...p?t=204820

Grin He also posted this same suggestion here: https://www.dogzg...ad_id=6260 (also confirming there that he could help with things like this.)

It looks like it's not possible using the unmodified RTV plugin, but I found this post from GFL that implements it using an AFK manager plugin: https://gflclan.c...k-players/
Edited by quik on 09-09-2021 14:37

That One Guy
quik wrote:
Scratch the comment about That One Guy knowing how to do this. Found this thread of his from 2013 asking how to do the same thing: https://forums.al...p?t=204820

That was 2013, lol...I've made this plugin multiple times since then.

quik wrote:
It looks like it's not possible using the unmodified RTV plugin, but I found this post from GFL that implements it using an AFK manager plugin: https://gflclan.c...k-players/

It would be very simple to modify the plugin to ignore specs, then an AFK kicker isnt needed (at least not for that reason). The real problem we have is availability of someone with server access. Specs are good - they help populate the server when it is empty or low. They just need to be ignored in votes (RTV, voteban) and possibly kicked when the server is full (the AFK kicker GFL is using is the most common one and has this feature): https://forums.al...p?p=708265
----------------------------------------------------------

- Sourcemod programmer, civil engineering, etc.
In-Game Name: The One

www.togcoding.com
That One Guy
It wont let me add attachments, but I just took the lastest SM rockthevote.sp and made the needed edits. Can send if anyone has access to the server.

www.togcoding.com
PrinceOberynMartell
Tex Mex wrote:

Tex Mex wrote:

Hey Folks,

You know what? I was in spec when typing that message and I was there most of the day.

Tex Mex

Tex Mex wrote:

Tex Mex wrote:

Hey Folks,

You know what? I was in spec when typing that message and I was there most of the day.

@angry @necro @tugz can we ban this dirtbag Wink

Papa Petro
Tex Mex wrote:

Tex Mex wrote:

Tex Mex wrote:

Hey Folks,

@angry @necro @tugz can we ban this dirtbag Wink

Grin

That One Guy
This is still an issue every day. RTV is almost never able to be used.

www.togcoding.com
PrinceOberynMartell
That One Guy wrote:

This is still an issue every day. RTV is almost never able to be used.

I'm guilty of a bit of that.

Jump to Forum: