Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Beacon campers
BIG DANK
I think people who enjoy excessive camping should be outted with the help of a beacon, pretty much my only gripe with dogz server

azninvazn
Yeah if a person is camping on our gg turbo server then in the area where chat is displayed it will say x is camping with scout and it will beacon them.
This is very helpful in a couple of ways. 1st it beacons them and that helps for obvious reasons, and 2nd it with it saying it in chat it gets the people with a mic to bust that person out for camping.
It would be a good thing for the Dogz server to addWink
Edited by azninvazn on 23-04-2008 15:00
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/agent718/guns.gif

Scooby
I need to get that. Please let me know what optons I need to set to activate.

thanks,
Scooby

IronClaw
Well, how long is someone allowed to stop before you consider it camping? That's the problem. One person may think any stopping is considered camping, even if they make so much noise that their coming that the "camper" stops and crouches to get the kill. Just because the person was stopped when they killed you doesn't make them a camper.

It's a tough call because on the map snow, you always have the people that stay behind the wall at the spawn and never leave it. Sure, they might be moving back and forth but to some, that's considered camping as well because they are waiting to be attacked.

To me, it's just too hard to determine how long someone stops to be considered camping. If they just move back and forth in the same place, then that will in essence disable the beacon from ever happening.

But, that's your call.

IronClaw
And let's not forget about the times when it's 3 on 1 or more. Being strategic about where you are and how you kill them can be the key to winning. Becoming a beacon simply because your out numbered would give no incentive to anyone to try.

azninvazn
Well how it works is that if you are not moving back and forth and just sitting in one spot then that is camping. If you are moving then that is not camping. I dont know exactly how long you have to be idle b-4 it beacons you but we have not had any complaints about it.

Scooby I have no idea what program it is but if you P.M Tigerox he can tell you how to get that set up on your server. He set up the GG Turbo server and thats the Playa$club server that runs that beacon feature.
i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/agent718/guns.gif

K1rby
Well IMO.. Thats ruining the game. thats like eliminateing the Awp. or saying that you cant rush someone. its all apart of the game.. i dont really care if someone AWP kills me or Rushes me or camps me.. its fine.. its apart of the game. im going to give them a hard time to try and pursuade them from camping again but its part of the game.. just let people play and have fun ..

karmine
10 second mark is considered camping to me. but in the GG server or on a regular server youll never find me staying put in one spot for more than 3 seconds. but also i believe that instant beaconing would be bad. warning then beacon would be good. example:
player T: has the bomb but is camping spawn with awp. 10 seconds is up and displays a warning "leave this area or be beaconed". that player would have to move so far from the area in a specified amount of time or be beaconed. and the beacon shouldnt be permanent for that round so there will still be the option of him being able to win tactically after the one or two "beacon blips".

Jump to Forum: