Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
Why is this forum so dead?
Angry
I log in everyday just to notice that no one posts anything on this website. Most of the time it is for an unban appeal. Admins rarely post on this forum unless if it is for a complaint. Is this server really slowly dying? Have we all really gotten old just to let this server die for the next generation? Are we that selfish?

Scooby
Wow... so angry! lol This is the oldest clan running I believe. When this started we all either had no kids.. or young kids... now we are the old souls of the game and our kids have either grown or we have young kids now that take our time away from this game.
My oldest... who played this under the name Shaggy.. was a young teenager when we were playing this. He will be 30 next year! lol My youngest son.. he went by scrappy.. he will be 22 this year! It is truly amazing how time flies.
This website goes in waves. It gets a bunch of hits.. and then dies for awhile ... then gets a bunch of hits.. then.. well you get the picture. So no.. we're not selfish.. we just have families and businesses to run to support our families now. We've been up and running as a full time clan for over 12 years now... long time
Invite some players over to drop a note. Be proactive. We need donations from those that run in our servers, they aren't free. I can do what I can.. but right now.. I'm in my busy season with work. I'll be swamped for the next 2 1/2 months. This isn't to say I don't care, but just that life circumstances change and we all need to do our part to move things along.

Thank You for Your Time and Consideration,

Scooby
Edited by Scooby on 09-09-2019 04:30

Janssen
Scooby wrote:

Wow... so angry! lol This is the oldest clan running I believe. When this started we all either had no kids.. or young kids... now we are the old souls of the game and our kids have either grown or we have young kids now that take our time away from this game.
My oldest... who played this under the name Shaggy.. was a young teenager when we were playing this. He will be 30 next year! lol My youngest son.. he went by scrappy.. he will be 22 this year! It is truly amazing how time flies.
This website goes in waves. It gets a bunch of hits.. and then dies for awhile ... then gets a bunch of hits.. then.. well you get the picture. So no.. we're not selfish.. we just have families and businesses to run to support our families now. We've been up and running as a full time clan for over 12 years now... long time
Invite some players over to drop a note. Be proactive. We need donations from those that run in our servers, they aren't free. I can do what I can.. but right now.. I'm in my busy season with work. I'll be swamped for the next 2 1/2 months. This isn't to say I don't care, but just that life circumstances change and we all need to do our part to move things along.

Thank You for Your Time and Consideration,

Scooby

I know most of the admins are extremely busy but is there any way we can try to improve the server even a little bit? Not to be rude but there have been literally no changes in what feels like nearly a decade.

I have tried to do my part and e-mailed TigerOx over 40 edited song files to spicen up the end of the map music but I don't believe he's ever gotten around to adding them.

In addition to the music there are certain maps like gg_crossfire, 420_shotguns, and gg_future that are all universally hated and pretty much kill the server whenever they come on. Is there any way we can just remove these maps from the rotation, it doesn't seem like it would take that much effort to remove a couple maps...

There are other maps like Texture city that exist on the server but are only played when an admin like Gay_Jesus changes it himself. It's a damn shame because there are so many excellent maps that aren't part of the rotation and yet they exist on the server.

I don't want to come across as a hater, I truly do love this server, it's one of the few remaining awesome CSS servers and I would hate to see it die out. I just think it has the potential to be so much better with some minor updates. lf any admin is willing to add new end of map songs please let me know. I've edited around 50+ end of map songs for another GG server and would happily e-mail my collection to any dogz admin willing to add some new stuff!
Edited by Janssen on 23-10-2019 06:27
AKA Falco

Jump to Forum: