Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Public Chat
 Print Thread
CS:GO R8 - Thoughts?
Magus
so this gun is fuuucked
and by fucked i mean awesome.
DUNNO if we have it in the servers yet, but maaan ive been enjoying my time with it in game.

what does everyone (dis)like about it?

for me:
Pros - super fun to use
pro/cons - extremely inconsistent damage

i think its an alright pistol. and hell of a lot of fun to use
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

JoonBug
This gun totally changed how competitive is played (not to mention other gamemodes) and those changes aren't particularily welcomed... Pocket AWP for $850 is so broken. The revolver literally has the same base damage and armor penetration as the AWP, just different damage dropoff %s...
It really should have similar damage to the deagle. I do expect a nerf soon though, so there's some hopin'

Magus
well they already nerfed it a bit.
they changed firing rate/speed between right and left clicking.
i dunno i used it a lot in casual too.

it is kind of ridiculous, but you only get 16 shots. and you still get lit up by other people.
i think a higher cost would be better for it.

its penetration power, however, is ridiculous as well. that could be nerfed a bit. in Italy in the apartments i stood on the bed shooting the wall nailing people Grin it was great

wytmint
Its pretty ridiculous for 850, but its super fun to use, but also annoying as hell in competitive, I think it just needs to cost however much the scout costs, like 1700$.

wytmint
The thing is, if its balanced in price no one will ever use it due to its massive drawback of non-instant firing, so really its just silly and fun, but a rather horrible addition to competitive.

Magus
honestly it is horribly fun. and i have been playing casual primarily just buying that and a zeus. because i like people to go "WTF" and its fun as hell. lol

i think that despite its power, it is also very inconsistent with both primary and alternate firing.

sure, it can kill in one hit. it can also hit people for 99 and not kill them quite often.
today i found myself needing to hit people at least twice to kill them probably about 75% of the time.

so yeah its a pain in the ass. so are awps with skilled players. so are a majority of weapons with skilled players.

its small ammo pool doesnt make it very effective (that said, if you are super lucky, you can 1 shot the entire enemy team..soooo)

played assault and italy with it, and yeah its super fun. but it really does have its drawbacks.

i think once the initial fad of "omg new gun" is over, people wont be using it as often

i sure as hell will do. fun as fuck to use

JoonBug
The revolver has never been nerfed - the difference between left and right clicks is for different firing modes. When using the delayed left click shot, the bullet is almost 100% accurate no matter where you are or what you are doing. That means it is 100% accurate when running/jumping/on ladders/etc. That is OP af

I dont mind it in casual that much because people arent good with revolvers enough to kill me, but in competitive where ppl are much better... This new gun is cancer. x_x

EDIT: revolver nerf came
Edited by JoonBug on 10-12-2015 22:03

Magus
nah, it was totally changed yesterday from when it was released.
you cant go from left click firing to right click firing as quickly as you could from when it was released.
before you could be firing completely left click and obviously it was much slower but then bam! some dude in front of you! you could instantly right click and start the barrage of death. but they put a delay in now so that switch is slower.

i love the fact that you have to hold left click to fire. its awesome. makes you plan your shot as you are about to turn a corner. makes for some epic shots

Druid
My thoughts- when it first came out I was pissed because I mean come on, one shot kills with prefire potential was crazy. But now, some people don't even think it's worth the buy. A well placed shot with the fiveseven is quicker and cheaper.

Jump to Forum: