Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Suicides
TheYosh
Hey all! Haven't played in a while and just trying to get back into it... man i'm really terrible now or everyone got a lot better... hopefully it's the latter.

Well anyhoo, I think I addressed this a while back but didn't you guys get rid of the ability to suicide in these servers? I had a couple of knife fights and a nade that would've killed someone but he would just commit suicide after the first knife hit or if he thinks he will die from a nade. Player that was doing this was Joxos33 STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:10081666.

So yeah, would be nice if you can't kill yourself, thanks!

TheYosh

JoonBug
There are multiple ways of committing suicide on the cs:s gg servers:
1) nading yourself
2) type kill in console
3) fall to your death
4) using RTD and rolling a "slay", "on fire" @ low hp, "slapped for 30 dmg" @ low hp

Although the best fix for this would be to cause your level to drop once every suicide, dying to your own horrible nade tosses, unlucky RTDs or falling to your death on certain maps is pretty common and it would suck if it constantly happened over time. Perhaps if you lose a level every time you type 'kill' in console? Not sure how that can be set up, if possible, but yeah.

TheYosh
If you die by falling, nading yourself or RTD that is completely part of the game and don't mind it at all. The people you bind their key to slay themselves in game to gain a competitive advantage is what irks me. Maybe i'm in the minority but I see what you're saying, that is a tough fix if there isn't any way to get rid of the slay command through console.

TheYosh

hamm0
TheYosh wrote:

If you die by falling, nading yourself or RTD that is completely part of the game and don't mind it at all. The people you bind their key to slay themselves in game to gain a competitive advantage is what irks me. Maybe i'm in the minority but I see what you're saying, that is a tough fix if there isn't any way to get rid of the slay command through console.

TheYosh

Totally agree. I've run into this with Joxos before as well. I think any killbinding should cause a -1 level, or be outright disallowed. I don't mind the "natural" causes, though.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/796201_101.png

Magus
If you guys see this happening a lot, please record a demo of it.
With a demo we can use disciplinary action with confidence.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

hamm0
Magus wrote:

If you guys see this happening a lot, please record a demo of it.
With a demo we can use disciplinary action with confidence.

The player mentioned here was banned for a week, and I don't think came back. I haven't seen too many other players using this methodology; rather I was bumping the thread to see if we could put some sort of preventative use of the "kill" command so that it doesn't become an issue going forward.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/796201_101.png

Jump to Forum: