Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Killswitch
JoonBug
hamm0 wrote:

Any update on this? Still prevalent usage on the funtimes server..

Unfortunately no, but for now just record a demo of them doing it and report it to us.
Apologies. The small fry have their hands tied atm ;[

Scooby
Anyone that self kills after a warning is to be banned for a week. If any admin catch them doing that .... that is the repercussion. I don't care if everyone else is doing it. I don't care if they are the top ten. Poor sportsmanship...cheating... That is probably why the top ten are in the top ten. They kill themselves off to keep their stats up. This would hamper that quickly.

Additionally.... the more we do this, the more it will deter others from doing it. None of the die hard players want to be out for a week.

Scooby

hamm0
Scooby wrote:

Anyone that self kills after a warning is to be banned for a week. If any admin catch them doing that .... that is the repercussion. I don't care if everyone else is doing it. I don't care if they are the top ten. Poor sportsmanship...cheating... That is probably why the top ten are in the top ten. They kill themselves off to keep their stats up. This would hamper that quickly.

Additionally.... the more we do this, the more it will deter others from doing it. None of the die hard players want to be out for a week.

Scooby

I like it. Can we put this in the MOTD? Many are unaware that this is not allowed on your servers (CSS).
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/796201_101.png

Bloodmanic
yep. only in the top 10 because i kill myself...
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/464897_101.png

Scooby
ROFL... You know what I'm saying Blood. There are those that take being on top to that extent. Maybe not you... but I've known some on other servers.
While it's not on the vac cheat list, I would deem it common sense that anything you would do to achieve a win by anything other than actually playing in game to win by merit a cheat. I don't know that the MOTD needs to be updated. Thoughts?

Scooby

Bloodmanic
Smile yea, there were quite a few for a short period there i noticed. granted i don't play much anymore. I may just not run into them.
Definitely worth putting the hammer on the people if they don't stop.

As I personally don't see it much anymore. I don't think an MOTD update would be necessary. just leave it on a case by case basis?

Scooby
I think so. You see it in game... a simple warning should be more than sufficient. If you ban then, all you need to do is post the written warning... simple and easy.

Scooby

Blubber
Then they play "well it's not a rule" card. Some players are like little children.
Their sole purpose is to test the limits and see what they can get away with.
Then they get banned.
Then they come whine.
Then they get unbanned and the admin looks like a fool because no one else has seen the person causing trouble.
Don't touch me there.

Steal Your Face
7. Obey DoGz Clan Members

Theres the rule. If you tell them to stop, and they don't, there you go. And as far as coming and bitching and whining, yea they do, and yea we generally give a kind of loose "three strike" rule when it comes to smaller stuff like this and mic spamming.

TheYosh
Hey guys, I actually posted about this a while back in the server suggestions part of this forum. The way i see it is if there isn't a real penalty in killing yourself they will keep doing it. Once a Dogz member tells them not to do it and they stop great, but I am afraid while you guys aren't in there this behavior will continue.

Personally if they throw themselves off a elevated platform or nade themselves to commit suicide I don't mind it since it is part of the game but to use the kill switch i think really messes up the continuity of a game and at its basic level is cheating. Just my 2 cents, I used to play a lot in your servers but because of me putting in almost 80-90 hours a week at work now I don't have the time nor the energy to play in your great servers much.

theyosh

Scooby
Dude.... What do you do for a living yosh? Lotta time.....

Scooby

Bloodmanic
or just give random people admin so there is more chance to catch people Grin

Steal Your Face
umm...no...

Bloodmanic
cmon! dont like my suggestion!?
but in all seriousness. extra admins on the servers would be nice.

TheYosh
Bloodmanic wrote:

cmon! dont like my suggestion!?
but in all seriousness. extra admins on the servers would be nice.

In my past experience running a clan when we gave out admin rights to more members we had a huge influx of people abusing admin powers and ultimately had to water down their admin powers to just map selection and instantly starting a votemap. After a while even that had to be taken away because some people just can't handle it for one reason or another. Hell, i'm talking just the ability to change maps had to be taken away because as soon as one of the new admins start losing *wham* new map. So yeah I can see why Dogz won't want to do that.

I know nothing in modding gungame but is there a way where you can penalize people using a killswitch with a -1 level if they do so? Or would that -1 cover all suicides? Just wondering.

theyosh

Bloodmanic
I have had some experience with admins abusing. you just let them know. the second it gets abused you lose it for good. that takes care of the majority of the issues.

limiting to a kick/short term ban is usually ok. as well as map changes to just a vote function that only changes the upcoming map.

you can mod gungame to do that. but it would most likely do it for all suicides. accidental (fall or own nade). as well as the intentional console suicide.

hamm0
Bloodmanic wrote:
you can mod gungame to do that. but it would most likely do it for all suicides. accidental (fall or own nade). as well as the intentional console suicide.

I think they can be made separate things. If I remember correctly, one switch is "WorldspawnSuicide" (killed by "natural causes) the other switch is "CommitSuicide" (kill command). Hopefully Dogz knows more and can program it in!
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/796201_101.png

Jump to Forum: