Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
ADMINS CHANGING MAPS
Pvt_ryan
i think there should always be a vote some people like a certain map others dont but its not rlly fair when one guy decides what we all play just cause he/she likes/dislikes certain maps...kinda ruins it for other people

terrowrist
This is not acceptable. We will look into this. Thanks
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

Magus
In most cases i think this happens when a map like Texture City is picked every other map (albeit different iterations of Texture City). sometimes it gets a bit much seeing the same map 10 times in an hour
It does suck though, if you just joined, but for the other players who have maybe been on the server for longer, gets kinda silly.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

No pancake mix
If I ever change a map for any reason I always ask for any objections to a change and I only usually change when practically everybody is moaning about the map

Adda
Here is an Interesting Idea (at least to me it is)

Take the most commonly played maps out of the RTV?

Because beside when we play texture city advanced 6 times in an hour the ONLY time I have see admins change maps is when either a majority of the players want a new map or there are New maps to try.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/239973_101.png

terrowrist
Adda wrote:
Take the most commonly played maps out of the RTV?.

This might cause a concern to players. If you remove the maps they love, they will demand us to put it back.

We could make a list of the top played maps for each server, then add them to the votemap list.

Not sure if this is already implemented.

Btw, we really need to remove maps that people complain all the time.
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

Adda
Isn't there a way to make so if a map has been played it does not show up in the Nominate list for X amount of maps afterwards?
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/239973_101.png

Pvt_ryan
im just asking that the admins simply put out a vote to change the map yes or no before they change it i have nothing against kush (admin) but his reply is i can do what i want which is in fact true but not really fair to the 3 players at the time who was in the middle of a game and liked the map that he decided to just change im not a admin or even a member but my idea is just make it manditory to put a yes or no vote out about changing the map before its done

Abomin4tion
If there were 3 players in the server and it isn't a map that draws people then if he changed it to draw more people in then he did his job. Sorry if you don't like the way things are run here. But Admins do what is best for the server in their opinions.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/232730_601.png

Pvt_ryan
no there was more then 3 people in there what i meant there was 3 people who wanted the map is on and it's not reasonable to believe that everyone who gets admins rights is using there power in the peoples best interest people do things cause they just want too i understand you have to condratict everything i say but honestly it does happen if you choose to not believe it thats your choice but admin abuse does happen im just simply asking tthat it be dealt with i love the server and this has been my only complaint in regards to how its run so back off already

Abomin4tion
Pvt_ryan, I'd suggest you take a step back. Because your comments are starting to be blatant disrespect. As for your conduct in the servers "Dec 18, 2013 2:14:38 pm

im on her team now she cnt jew me

DoGz [GunGame Turbo] Reverse|StickyNades|www.dogzgaming.com" No racism you need to make sure you follow the rules respecting admin's and their decisions are another. You told me that you were wanting to get into this clan. With your attitude that will most likely never happen. So be mindful of who you piss off or try to. I am sure Kush didn't abuse his admin use. I am also sure you were probably in the same mindset that when you team shot me at the beginning of that round and I kicked you for it. So yes you need to chill before your attitude causes you more issues.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/232730_601.png

No pancake mix
Also ryan, if there are 3 people that like the map say out of 15 but the other 11 (not including the admin in that, hence why not 12) want a different map, it's in the best interest of the server/community rather than just those three people. We have our lists of what we can and can't do from our higher ups and we follow that to what we can. Map changing isn't abusive unless the whole server wanted to play the before map and absolutely hates the new map and the admin then refuses to change the new map. From how I know my fellow clan members, none of us do that.

Magus
Adda wrote:

Isn't there a way to make so if a map has been played it does not show up in the Nominate list for X amount of maps afterwards?

So just to build off of what Adda was saying, I Like this idea. it would remove the chances of getting like... 4 deagle maps in a nomination (knocking it down to only what hasnt been played recently Pfft) and removes the ability to vote for a map that was just played.

Again, it sucks for people that just joined the server and want that map, but for those that have been playing on it for say...an hour (it has happened where something like texture city is every other map >.>Wink.

Without admin involvement, ryan, its sometimes hard to not replay the same map over and over (which some players get annoyed at).

Also, from what i know, Any admin that changes the map ALWAYS has asked before the map change (say, if the game ended or was going to end, but people voted for texture city which was played the map before (bastards)) or they always ask the players on the new map if they want to change it.

if only 3 people wanted to stay on the map, and you do not represent the majority, and the map changes, Welcome to Democracy Pfft
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/93724_101.png

No pancake mix
Magus wrote:

Adda wrote:

So just to build off of what Adda was saying, I Like this idea. it would remove the chances of getting like... 4 deagle maps in a nomination (knocking it down to only what hasnt been played recently Pfft) and removes the ability to vote for a map that was just played.

Again, it sucks for people that just joined the server and want that map, but for those that have been playing on it for say...an hour (it has happened where something like texture city is every other map >.>Wink.

Without admin involvement, ryan, its sometimes hard to not replay the same map over and over (which some players get annoyed at).

Also, from what i know, Any admin that changes the map ALWAYS has asked before the map change (say, if the game ended or was going to end, but people voted for texture city which was played the map before (bastards)) or they always ask the players on the new map if they want to change it.

if only 3 people wanted to stay on the map, and you do not represent the majority, and the map changes, Welcome to Democracy Pfft

Also, building on this, a lot of the time some of us, me being one of the people for sure not sure about everybody else, will change the map if we come in and they say they just played the map like 2-3 maps ago. Then I'll change the map. Example being I join on churches, the next map is city advanced but they played city advanced two before churches. Once the map switches to advanced I'll be like "hey did you play shotty recently" "no." from there I switch it to shotty. If it's a yes, I find another map that hasn't been played recently that they're okay with.

Jump to Forum: