Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Eliminate Lag Time Between Weapon Switches
databomb
Hi, I'm a plugin developer on AlliedMods, the SourceMod site, and I occasionally play on your GunGame servers. One thing that I have noticed is that players in good positions are often killed after they level-up due to the 1 second delay between killing the previous person and receiving/loading their new leveled weapon. This has been so bothersome that I've figured out how to get rid of the delay entirely so that you could never be at a disadvantage when fighting a larger force.

What does the DoGz community think about the delay time when leveling up? If given the choice, is it something you'd rather have or rather get rid of?

TheYosh
I am not a Dogz member but personally it's a double edge sword for me. On one hand I would love to be able to instantly start killing someone else but I also like the lag because it gives me a chance to kill someone that is far better than me. If I am with a teammate and a really good player kills my teammate first at least that good player is pacified for a second so I can kill said player.

theyosh =D

TigerOx
I have tried it before on the CS:GO servers. I personally don't like the feel of the instant change. The gun change animations are something I enjoy.

Johnnie Walker
I agree with yosh.. there's a lot of times where I could get a few more kills in a row if there wasn't the lag between switching weapons.. but at the same time that lag gives us the opportunity to take out those few extremely good players who could potentially run the table so to speak if the lag was gone.
i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu218/TongTang_album/Johnnie_Walker_logo22.jpg

gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/482818_101.png[/url]

Sniper Jesus
As much as I would love this I know most people playing would hate it. I cant begin to count the amount of times the delay between pulling out the dualies has gotten me raped but I would predict an increase in complaints from players who utilize these change times to knock off the higher caliber players or people to just simply leave because they dont like how the one guy can simply just sit there and continuously unload and fly up 40 levels in a matter of moments. The gun switch is part of the game, and something you have to account for in your strategies and play styles, don't adjust the game, change the way you look at the game.
img826.imageshack.us/img826/7615/24ceck7.gif

ohyesidid
TigerOx wrote:

I have tried it before on the CS:GO servers. I personally don't like the feel of the instant change. The gun change animations are something I enjoy.
I Agree with Tiger, besides you cannot instantly change guns in real life, so why would you in a game??
Where's BOB??????

TheYosh
ohyesidid wrote:

I Agree with Tiger, besides you cannot instantly change guns in real life, so why would you in a game??

Yeah cause after taking 2 hits in the head with a glock still enables you to run away at full speed is realistic right? Just pulling your leg but when it comes to games almost nothing is real... lol

theyosh =D

ohyesidid
TheYosh wrote:

ohyesidid wrote:

Yeah cause after taking 2 hits in the head with a glock still enables you to run away at full speed is realistic right? Just pulling your leg but when it comes to games almost nothing is real... lol

theyosh =D
In mythbuster style I must say not confirmed, but Plausable ahahahahaha. Alot of items are not true to life like the lack of recoil on the AK! ahahaha.
Where's BOB??????

lettuce
there is recoil on the ak. but it's easy to learn that spray pattern. but instant switching would be sweet. I've played it on a couple servers and it's awesome.

Jump to Forum: