Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Throwing Knife mod
DeaDCorE
I know how difficult it can be sometimes to get a knife kill, and I think it would make it easier to get it if you could throw the knife, there is a mod available that allows you to through the knife by left clicking (*it gives you three knives to throw) I think this would make the game better for those of us who suck at knife

No pancake mix
Knifing isn't all too hard, it creates an edge to the game and makes you practice to get better. Throwing knives are kinda bs in my opinion. One headshot with a throwing knife can be a one shot kill or 99 damage at the minimum. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

Batty
I agree with Pancake. If this was anything but gungame, it would be a "maybe". But seeing as we're in a game-style that both rewards you and punishes the victem for a knife kill, the ability to willy nilly throw the knife would become over-used and just overall broken. Thankfully, while knifing isn't a key factor in the game (so your ability to score a kill with a knife is meaningless, sucky or good) it's also a key factor to winning the round. How unbarably B.S. would it be for someone to pull a Modern Warfare and just launch a knife into an opposing croud to get a free victory?

I don't see this mod ever seeing light on our servers.
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Well and too be honest, Those who aren't as good at knifing shouldn't be given an edge simply because that part of your game lacks. Practice your knife skills and become better. Ask pancake about my knife skills, its actually one of my best assets. Go into an empty server, and practice by yourself knifing the wall, Test out your range, which way you feel more comfortable knifing, moving straight forward, to the left to the right whatever it is... Throwing these "willy nilly' knifes around is actually less accurate than a knife itself
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/199_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/1303590402.png

No pancake mix
Indeed, his knifings one of his better skills. You can also ask Ctrl how much better I've gotten over the years from just practicing and playing. He's probably played with me enough back from when I was a hopeless player all the way to my current decent skill level. All from practice. At one point awhile back I completely sucked at awp. So, I found an auto spawn de_dust server that was full, and used nothing but an awp and got sooo much better. Practice my friend, practice.

DeaDCorE
I just thought it would be cool if you had the option to throw it, as the left-click knife is next to useless.... honestly I have more trouble with grenade
Edited by DeaDCorE on 18-10-2012 17:59
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/312380_101.png

terrowrist
This reminds me of Goldeneye 007 for the N64 multiplayer mode.
"Nobody really knows what they're doing. We're all just trying to figure out what makes us happy."

M3GATRON
Ctrl-Alt-Del wrote:

Well and too be honest, Those who aren't as good at knifing shouldn't be given an edge simply because that part of your game lacks. Practice your knife skills and become better. Ask pancake about my knife skills, its actually one of my best assets. Go into an empty server, and practice by yourself knifing the wall, Test out your range, which way you feel more comfortable knifing, moving straight forward, to the left to the right whatever it is... Throwing these "willy nilly' knifes around is actually less accurate than a knife itself

What he said Grin
I'll cut you, I'll cut you up so bad you, you gonna wish I no cut you so bad!
http://www.youtub...npcgBLXbLc
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/3268_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/2243259204.png

Kush
I would be totally against the idea of throwing knives. Being able to knife well is acquired skill that comes better with time.

Jump to Forum: