Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
Battlefield 3 Issues - Server Based
Batty
I came across this today, as well as the sexism article and others, but since some of us are gung-ho about getting this game and we are even going to look at getting a private server for it... we may want to look into this a little further.

Here's why:

EA is implementing a very Bad Idea... what else is new... but this bad idea actually may effect us playing it... even BUYING it. I'm actually considering changing my pre-release from PC to Xbox =/
EA's PC Version of Battlefield 3 will have NO IN-GAME SERVER SELECTION. Yeah, a technology found mostly on PC will be only available on Console editions of the game and, with a little digging, I found out that EA is actually implementing a Web Browser menu for the PC.

Titled 'BattleLog" this webpage is reported to BE the game's main menu.

BattleLog, apparently, is where the main menu will be. We can select new servers from the website, and the game will load from that, but any time we would want to load up the game, we need to go to BattleLog's home page, find our server (in which i pray to god there is a Favorite option) and select it. From there, the game will load straight into the action.

BF3 senior gameplay designer, Alan Kertz, tweeted this; "BattleLog IS the PC Main Menu. You Go straight from BattleLog to playing. No Splash Screens, No Menus. Just straight to the playing"

Sure, that sounds all upbeat and so forth but, I dunno... I kinda liked having an in-game menu and selecting servers from there. Seemed to work well.

What do you guys think?
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

TigerOx
Used this today, not liking it.

H
I think it will be like steam when they jumped into cs back in the day. just throw a few big updates at it....
"you cant fix stupid zodiac was proof"

Kush
Skeptical at first, then it grew on me when i went like 30-17. I have played metro like 30 times now and am kinda bored of the map. The thing that I think really sucks is that you have to hold down right click to stay scoped, they better change that shit. Oh and hey clan hopper

TigerOx
You can change to click zoom in the settings.

Kush
yea cell helped me with that, thanks

CRiME WAvE
It is kinda strange the way they did that.
LDRSHIP

Jump to Forum: