Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
FOG_OVERRIDE (CSS) *must read*
Nolie
there's a problem with source where on far distances you get this fog that makes it so you cannot really see much from far distances

there's a console command (fog_override 1) that makes it much easier to see, leading to better gameplay

the problem only started occurring after the orange box update - before it was fine

this is supposed to be a poll/petition, so just put +1 or your reasoning against it

http://uploads.im...923972.jpg

---

TO FIX!! THIS IS SERVER SIDE NOT CLIENT SIDE!

ADMINS :

go to your server ftp go to the server cfg at the bottom type fog_override "1"

Nolie
img15.imageshack.us/img15/2460/differenced.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img834.imageshack.us/img834/3909/fogoverride.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Two images to back up my post

PLEASE TURN IT TO Fog_override 1

Thanks,Smile

IhasAcellular
........if that tiny amount of fog changes your game....maybe you should get a bit more practice Pfft
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Nolie
If you have half of a brain you would know that the fog is for every map and thats not a little. lmao thats a glitch and i believe i hold about a 3.12 kdr in your gungame server and get called cheats everytime mind to 1v1? i don't think i need practice not trying to be cocky but don't go at heads and say i need practice. Grin

Batty
I like the fog, adds a nice effect. I doubt it'll change so you'll just have to adapt. This would be the first time I've seen anyone complain about the default fog effect. If your kdr is really 3.12 then I suppose it really doesn't effect you enough for us to bother changing it.
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

Nolie
well considering that competitive play uses fog_override 1 i was helping you guys out and it doesn't effect me and its a server side command you can easily go to ftp and type it in and click save > restart and This fog effect just came out a few weeks ago so it should be that way now

As a side note i wasn't being a dick as you see he came at me saying i need practice so. lets end the troll comment here. Wink

pretzel
Nolie wrote:
well considering that competitive play uses fog_override 1 i was helping you guys out and it doesn't effect me and its a server side command you can easily go to ftp and type it in and click save > restart and This fog effect just came out a few weeks ago so it should be that way now

As a side note i wasn't being a dick as you see he came at me saying i need practice so. lets end the troll comment here. Wink

I hereby retract part of my statement from the other thread about not necessarily saying your a douchenozzle. You've just qualified!
lettuce.: FUCKING PLAY OR YOU SUCK DICK

TigerOx
fog_override is not a server side command. It cannot be used because it is flagged as a cheat. Unless these competitive servers you speak of use sv_cheats 1 (not used in competitive play) fog_override cannot be changed.

Since our servers are not cheat enabled, fog_override 1 will never work.
Edited by TigerOx on 22-08-2011 15:45

Nolie
Tiger yes it is Create a server and in console type Fog_override 1 and you will see a difference also yes it and. If you have heard of
esea there servers don't run with sv_Cheats 1 and they have it at fog_override 1 and so does Firewall death match

Simply rcon fog_override 1

and

yea. try again i guess.

TigerOx
Create a dedicated server instead of a listen server and you will see it is not a server side command. It is a cheat cvar, and it will not be changing.

Locked.

Jump to Forum: