Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
DoGz Gaming Clan » Public Forums » Other Games
 Print Thread
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Batty
So yeah, if as this wasn't blowing up the internet right now (well, so long as you look for it) then you've probably already seen the reveal of CS: GO or Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

If you're on this forum, then it's safe to you are super stoked about this reveal. A new CSS? Zomg!
Will I now have to remake ALL my maps?
Yes >.< ffffff....

Details about this game have been spilling out all over the net as of late, and we've collected a juicey bunch for your viewing pleasure! This thread will be updated as new info becomes available and with PAX having a playable demo at the ready, be prepared to see your first view of the game in action right here on DoGz!

i.imgur.com/uQch2.jpg

So far, what we DO know is that it will have all new weapons, new game modes (possibly Valve is in-housing GunGame like Black Ops did?), some new Characters... which I guess simply means new models for CTs and Ts and "updated versions of the classic CS content (de_dust, etc.)".

Now, if we pick apart that last tid bit, then that means obviously that we will be seeing old time favorites like Dust, Office, Compound, Assault, etc... but most importantly, that they will be updated.

Significantly better graphics, perhaps? I hope so.
Possibility of being able to build maps more complicated then 2 blocks and a staircase without sacrificing frame rate and playability? Oh please god, let it be so! I'm an artist! I need DETAILS!

In any case, perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself too much, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store. It's about time too... you can't just have Battlefield 3 seamlessly have, like, 30-on-30 battles with gorgeous graphics. There's just no excuse anymore xP

Release Information

--Planned for release in early 2012 (quarter 1)
--Available on PC/Mac, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
--Beta is for PC only, opens October.
-- Valve finally confirmed that they will start with a distribution of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta keys during the PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo events. (It is yet unknown if that will be the only way to acquire Beta entry or not)

New Features

(Note that all of these features are from early alpha builds of the game and are subject to change or removal from the final release.)
--Integrated Matchmaking system (much like Call of Duty or Battlefield)
--Focus on 5v5 competitive play
--Both Defuse and Hostage map types confirmed, meaning classic gameplay
--eSports-oriented (http://en.wikiped...nic_sports)
--Competitive and Casual modes
--Ranked / ladder play for individuals and teams
--Dedicated Servers will remain available
--Gameplay has elements similar to both CS:S and CS 1.6
--Classic maps (with both minor and major modifications) include: Dust2, Dust, Aztec, Inferno, Nuke, Train
--Many changes to current CSS weapons, as well as new weapons
--Classic gameplay: no ironsights
--Improved HUD that's more useful in bright areas
--Player Info is available on main screen so user does not have to continuously use "TAB" to see his or her team.
--Flash Bang Grenades are improved visually (for example, changing it from what it looks like now to a CoD look, sorta thing) and now allow users to turn away to avoid the effect like in 1.6
-- LAN Gameplay will be supported Supported (kinda obvious, as GO will focus on 5v5 competitive play and wants to worm into e-sports)
-- All guns come with full ammo when purchased in standard play.
-- SourceTV may not be a function in GO
-- DirectX 10+ not supported. All players will be forced to DirectX 9 to play, for balance reasons
-- Models and hitbox are smaller and more fine-tuned from CS: Source. (No more bloody faces yet scoring shoulder shots.)
-- Weapons are all being rebalanced so they are more useful in standard play. Not sure how this will effect gungame, if at all.
-- Valve is trying to implement Cross-Platform Play, much like in Portal 2 for PC/PS3. Currently in works with Sony and Microsoft. (this would be interesting and would go back to the possibility of PS3/Xbox keyboard and mouse support so console players don't get owned too hard by precision PC shooting)

Counter-Strike: Global Offense Weapon List

List is still being constructed. Not including all classic guns till they are confirmed as some have been replaced/excluded

SMGs
-MP7
-MP9
-UMP45
-P90
-p250
-tec9
-PP-19 Bison

SHOTGUN (Now considered simply "Heavy" weapons, and listed with machine guns)
- (Benelli) Nova (Pump or Tactical unknown)
-sawed-off (speaks for itself)
-MAG-7 (autoshotty alternative)
-XM1014

HEAVY
-M249 SAW
-IMI Negev

PISTOLS
-p2000
-p250
-glock-18
-Five-Seven
-Deasert Eagle
-Dual Berettas

ASSAULT RIFLES
-AK47 (duh)
-SG556
-Galil AR

SNIPER RIFLES
-AWP
-ssg08

'NADES +
-Tazer (seeign this used in video... it IS a cheap mofo)
-HE Grenade
-Flashbang
-Smoke
-Molotov (bounces, leaving a carpet line of flame. Deterrent/Croud Control Weapon)
-Decoy Grenade (uses gunshot sound effects to trick players, useful as followup to Smoke)
-Zeus x27 (Tazer)

Pictures!

www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/csgo_screenshot8-525x295.jpg
www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/csgo_screenshot2-525x295.jpg
www.platformnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/csgo_screenshot1-525x295.jpg

Videos!

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Update - August 13 2011

--Alpha Testing has begun with use of 'renowned' 1.6 and CSS players.
--CS:GO has been confirmed to be using the Portal 2 version of the Source Engine, confirming rumors of significantly advanced graphics. Testers saying Player Animations are really smooth. Environments and Gun Models look more detailed and beautiful.
--new weapons include an unnamed Heavy Machine Gun (minigun perhaps? >=3 ), Rifle, new Pistols, and a new Shotgun. There is also talks of the Return of the Riot Shield.

"Valve is also reportedly experimenting with weapons that have "situational value." Instead of players committing solely to the strongest, most reliable options—the AWP, Desert Eagle, AK-47 and M4A1—it appears that the game's developers intend to make sub machine guns, shotguns and pistols viable purchases. Levine writes that CS GO will have "adjustable weapon variables," which sounds like an easier way for Valve to tweak values of each weapon for improved balance." - Kotaku

--Beta is now said to be an invite-only, closed beta, starting anywhere between Sept-Nov
--Reports talk of Match Making system and Dedicated Servers separately, leading to an educated assumption that Match Making will be used mostly for competitive play and "Random Match" players, where as Dedicated servers will function as they do now, with players simply joining and picking a team.
--Defuse map gameplay is currently being experimented with automatically equipping a random member of the Counter Terrorist team with a defuse kit at the beginning of each round in order to make the kit a special item like the Terrorist's bomb. They're also testing giving everyone armor and full Kevlar each round. With Full Armor being free, Gun Prices are being tweaked to be more expensive to keep strategy not only on the field, but in your wallet.
--RUMOUR* PS3 may offer keyboard and mouse support for CS:GO, much like Unreal Tournament. (Seems a bit redundant, but okay.)

Update - August 17 2011

-- New weapon revealed: The Tazer. This weapon will be an alternative to the standard Knife. It will be a one hit kill weapon that will cost $1000 in standard play, however it will have only one shot and is dropped immediately after use. Oh! I'm the first to make up the new complaint! Instead of "Sword!" it's going to be, "Aw man, I just got Cattle-Prodded!" This weapon could prove a fun and useful alternative to "'Nade Round"
-- The HUD had been vastly improved. Visibility of the HUD in lighted areas, such as Aim_Shotty or Dust where there's bright sun, is much better.
-- You could now see who is alive in your team at the top of the screen instead of using the TAB key.
-- Flashes are improved to and players can once again turn from them, just like 1.6, to avoid effect.

Update - August 23 2011

-- Beta is on PC only, starts in early October
-- LAN Gameplay will be supported Supported (kinda obvious, as GO will focus on 5v5 competitive play and wants to worm into e-sports)
-- Ammo does not have to be purchased in standard play.
-- SourceTV not currently a priority and may not be a function in GO
-- Forced DirectX 9 for everybody (for balance); DX10+ not supported
-- Models and hitbox sizes slightly reduced from CS: Source
-- Weapons are all being rebalanced so they are more useful in standard play. Not sure how this will effect gungame, if at all.
-- Valve is trying to implement Cross-Platform Play, in works with Sony and Microsoft. (this would be interesting and would go back to the possibility of PS3/Xbox keyboard and mouse support so console players don't get owned too hard by precision PC shooting)
-- Valve finally confirmed that they will start with a distribution of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive beta keys during the PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo events. (It is yet unknown if that will be the only way to acquire Beta entry or not. Either way, one of you assholes better go to Seattle and pick one up so we can have more info, damn it.)
-- Screenshots of the gameplay will be released between now and this weekend, during the PAX event in Seattle.
Edited by Batty on 29-03-2012 09:44
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

Sniper Jesus
and someone somewhere better not make a new funtimes.......
img826.imageshack.us/img826/7615/24ceck7.gif

Stumpy
Totally agree. If they do make a new funtimes the only thing that will save them from certain death is if they don't include a back wall for camping.........
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/98299_101.png

Batty
Updated 08/12/2011 - 23:20
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3

Evil_Zodiac
I want batty to remake that map and make the back wall enclosed and have to shoot through slots
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/227_101.png

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=500209543
Batty
if i was going to make Funtimes, i would exclude the back-wall completely =P

pretzel
Bailey Bat wrote:
if i was going to make Funtimes, i would exclude the back-wall completely =P

Thats the best part!
lettuce.: FUCKING PLAY OR YOU SUCK DICK

Evil_Zodiac
i'm tellin ya if ppl wanna camp there you make a enclosed top one entrance in ....so if they camp there they know it would be a fuckin massacar when the other team blows through the entrance...or even better if you could make a sliding bottom that opens up every 20 sec to a spike pit

"Hey!, Hey! I'm Gonna Have To Ask You To Go Fuck Yourself!!!"- [*DoGz*] Evil_Zodiac

Batty
heh, well maybe I'll see what kind of nifty spike pit options i have in CSGO
(Which i'm pronouncing "Sis-go" btw, dunno if it'll stick)

btw, thanks tiger for sticking the thread and noticed you even changed the "read-more" link to here x3

ryuseishin
this could be both good and bad, will it still be playable for the not so high end systems obviously 360 and ps3 will handle it fine, but how about some pc gamers who don't have high end systems, as for mac who cares(fuck mac) thats my only concern, i do however like the idea of multi platform gaming on it like they did with portal 2
RyuSeishin=Dragon Spirit in Japanese
GG_DM Overflow
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/137538_101.png
GG_Turbo Reverse
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/18314_101.png

pretzel
You can't really do twitch shooters on PC and console though. The 2 are way top different. I hope it works out but makes me think of condition zero and how horribly awful it was.
lettuce.: FUCKING PLAY OR YOU SUCK DICK

IhasAcellular
Glad i wont be playing it on a ps3 then pretzel Wink
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Batty
Updated 8/13/2011 - 11:30am

TigerOx
So how do we get invited to this beta?

We need in on the beta so I can rewrite GunGame for CS: GO.

Carrottop
ya let me know when u find out i would like to try it out myself
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/974_101.png

Evil_Zodiac
as would I

Batty
Sadly any and all info on gaining access to the closed beta is non-existent atm and I wouldn't expect to see more till at LEAST September. However, they are hosting a playable demo at PAX in 2 weeks, so I will certainly keep my eyes open for shotty cellphone videos or web coverage.

Batty
Updated August 17 2011 - 00:35

IhasAcellular
Taser=bad idea.

One hit kill weapon thats not a sniper rifle is stupid. hopefully its ungodly inaccurate.

(since when do tasers kill people btw?)
"Pubbing alone is more depressing than watching a mermaid get choked out with a bike chain"
- Pretzel

Batty
not to sure, tbh... tazers are not a lethal weapon unless it's set to some ridiculously high voltage. Keep in mind the Tazer has only one shot to it. Once it's spent (like if you free it off to early or something) it's gone.

Jump to Forum: