Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Maps to Remove on DM
Japanese Schoolgirl
There are a few maps on the DM server that are relatively unfit for the style of gameplay. Most often, they have to do with the map being designed in a way where you're pretty much forced to spawn camp to win.

The first one that comes to my mind in this scenario is gg_snowblood_origins.

There are some others that I'll post as I find out there file names.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/1008_101.png

Batty
this is too true. the majority of the maps I build myself are not built with DM in mind. That's why I started putting "server suggestions" when i upload my maps. Spawn points can make or break a map when it comes to DM
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3
i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy63/bailey_bat/BattyMapsSig.gif

Japanese Schoolgirl
Another map with problems in DM is gg_ds_charge. It's not ideal for deathmatch.

I'm trying to list maps that I believe are fundamentally flawed rather than personal preferences.

Japanese Schoolgirl
The recently added gg_wunderport_fix is also terrible for deathmatch. Due to its design, rarely anyone goes up the ropes, and when they do, they can simply stare down the other team's spawn the whole time. Not only is it fundamentally flawed for DM, but it was also just RTV'd, so there is some popular concensus against it.

SuperMilf
The only one I have a problem with is that map called Dogz Tight. The only reason I have a problem with is is because I freakin love it and can never play it. This is due to the fact that it apparently only has 24 spawn points and it's a 28 slot server. I always get stuck in spec and then end up getting kicked from the server for spectating too long. THEN I can't get back in because the server is full!!!!!!!!!!! Way frustrating.....

TigerOx
SuperMilf wrote:
The only one I have a problem with is that map called Dogz Tight. The only reason I have a problem with is is because I freakin love it and can never play it. This is due to the fact that it apparently only has 24 spawn points and it's a 28 slot server. I always get stuck in spec and then end up getting kicked from the server for spectating too long. THEN I can't get back in because the server is full!!!!!!!!!!! Way frustrating.....

The spawn limits are supposed to be removed. Which server was it on?

Batty
I thought server limit was 24... i've been putting 24 spawns D=
Please feel free to comment on my Map Upload threads. Your comments and suggestions help me make better maps for the DoGz!!
P.S. Click the Banner for instant teleportationism to the BattyMaps section of the forum! =3

TigerOx
Bailey Bat wrote:

I use a plugin to add more spawn points to the DM servers. I have never had an issue before.

Batty
TigerOx wrote:
Bailey Bat wrote:

I use a plugin to add more spawn points to the DM servers. I have never had an issue before.

oh... well I'll try to fit 28 spawns in future maps anyhow :3

SuperMilf
This issue was on the DM server but I believe I also ran into it on the arena server. I could be wrong about that last part but I'm pretty sure I did....

Japanese Schoolgirl
The Duke Nukem map, as nostalgic as it makes it, is heavily balanced towards the Terrorists. They can basically camp as the CTs come down...

M3GATRON
someone really need to sit down and make sure there are decent maps on deathmatch server. Some maps are really hard to stand!Frown
I'll cut you, I'll cut you up so bad you, you gonna wish I no cut you so bad!
http://www.youtub...npcgBLXbLc
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/3268_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/2243259204.png

Batty
Technically the Nukem map was not designed for the DM server in the first place but there's more then one way to get down from CT spawn

Japanese Schoolgirl
A couple of maps currently on the DM server that are quite unpopular and elicit a lot of groaning when they come on:

gg_simpsons_32
gg_simpsons_japanz

There may be more, but those stick out.

Japanese Schoolgirl
The Sonic-influenced map, actually, is somewhat unplayable and ruins the rhythm of the server.

TigerOx
Japanese Schoolgirl wrote:
The Sonic-influenced map, actually, is somewhat unplayable and ruins the rhythm of the server.

Removed.

Jump to Forum: