Amount in: $20.00
Balance: $18.66
Left to go: $81.34

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Deathmatch server nominate feature
rf
Can we get the nominate function enabled? It lets people who know what the map names are and which are good ones to nominate at the start of round which maps will be in the list of choices to choose from when it's time to vote.

I don't know if someone has removed maps or edited the list of maps that will show up in that "random" choice, but I swear we've played the same dozen maps over and over and over lately. It would be nice to have some say in the matter rather than whatever "random" selection + 1 spamming sends us to.

TigerOx
We use a server load algorithm that change the odds off maps showing up based on how many people are in the server.

There also has to be 11 maps before a map can be repeated. Unless an admin changes it to one that has been played already.

I will increase the repeate rate to 15, should add some more maps into the mix.

Japanese Schoolgirl
I think the issue is when we play the variations of Texture City back to back, or Texture 7 back to back. That, if I'm correct, is what got a lot of people annoyed at some point yesterday.
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/1008_101.png

rf
Thanks Jap, I was too lazy to go find the map names. Yeah remove the texture 7 map w/o the extra back alley leaving from T spawn (worst map ever.), and one of the texture city maps (I'd say the one with the filled in window by CT spawn, but I don't know if there's any other differences that matter).

But I know for a fact there's some maps I've played on DoGz that I liked that I've not ever played again since - there was this very very very green map, all indoors, two levels, two spawn points on opp sides with a big pillar in the center of them with a branching alley on left and right sides, and a central main fighting area with boxes and the alleys on the left and right over looking the middle. It was a pretty fast map and I actually liked it, but only played it maybe 3 or 4 times, and have never ever played it in months. Maybe it got removed for glitches or not enough spawn points or something *shrugs*

TigerOx
gg_smooth_2

rf
yes, that's it!

I'm sure there are others too, that's just the first one that came to mind - any idea why some maps don't seem to come up much? Is the algorithm really needed and/or do much?

I ask because we've played tiny maps with 24/26 people and they go super quick (which is fine for me), and played that one Mario map [with the open area around the perimeter, then a wall with tubes, the big tall mushrooms, then 4 tall building structures in the center] with like 6 people on a side, and that map is big for that few people (kind of slow for me).

TigerOx
Its more intending to keep big maps out of the rotation when there is few player on the server.

Most maps are allowed when there are 20+ players on the server.

Jump to Forum: