DoGz Gaming Clan » DoGz Servers » Ban Appeal
 Print Thread
Perma banned for not knowing how to fix my rates
Valas Hune
Your SteamID : STEAM_0:0:7581639
Your Nickname :Valas Hune
Which Server: Turbo
Reason why you should be unbanned :
--from reading a few other posts on the forum, I do not believe I should have been permanently banned for a rate problem due to simple ignorance.

I was told to fix my rates, but being relatively new to CS:S online multiplayer, i didn't understand what that meant or how to fix it. the first few times i was told to fix them or i would be kicked, so usually i just disconnected, and came back later when i had a better connection and less ping (I thought rates = ping). On a few occasions I asked why i was being told my rates were too high and quoted my ping numbers (they were between 60-90), and at other times i asked if my rates were acceptable, but i never received a response to any of my inquiries.
Today, Mikaa told me to fix my rates or he would ban me (since he had warned me earlier in the day to fix them, and i was back again [hours later] without having fixed them). From that point i figured i had misunderstood something on a fundamental level, so i logged out again, and I googled how to fix my rates, and spent some time figuring out how to adjust them. afterward I came back online and logged into a different server with 100 tick and adjusted my rates ( i think successfully) with the following commands
net_graph 3
rate 30000
cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
cl_interpolate 1
cl_interp 0.1
cl_smooth 0
After i had made all of those changes i logged back into the turbo server and hit spectate, so i could ask if i had properly fixed my rates, but Mikaa permanently banned me as soon as I logged back in without bothering to listen to my explanation.

I am perfectly willing to accept a ban of a several hours, or a few days, maybe even a week-long ban since i did cause some undue angst to Mikaa and probably others, for which i apologize.
However, i do not believe i did anything that would merit a permanent ban. I did not hack,, i did use a microphone, much less spam or abuse it, and the comments i typed were not offensive in nature.
Again, I apologize for my ignorance about the rates, and for any problems or aggravation this caused. I am fully willing to accept any reasonable ban you feel is appropriate, however i do not believe that my actions merit a permanent ban. Thank you for considering my appeal. I hope to be able to play on your servers again in the future, as the community has a relatively nice atmosphere which makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

pretzel
buddy when you were told to fix your rates you didn't do anything, then when mikaa singled you out, you quit the server. This happened 2-3 times. Then he said he was going to ban you for a few hours you immediately left the server so he couldn't. So when you chose to rejoin a few hours later you faced greater consequences. You were given instructions multiple times by multiple members. I believe Hugo brought this up way earlier in the evening even, rates were posted with instructions both verbal and written.
Edited by pretzel on 09-09-2009 03:23
lettuce.: FUCKING PLAY OR YOU SUCK DICK

subwolfer
still a perma for rates might be like using a nuke to kill a mouse if its a repeat ban maybe but first ban is over kill. but than again i wasnt there

"If you want to be happy be ignorant, if you want to know the truth prepare to become a cynic"

hlstatsx.dogzgaming.com/sig-326-random.png

Ctrl-Alt-Del
wow sub being rational for once!! lol thats a surprsiePfft
gameme.dogzgaming.com/sig/199_101.png

www.speedtest.net/result/1303590402.png

Mikaa
Pretzel wrote:
buddy when you were told to fix your rates you didn't do anything, then when mikaa singled you out, you quit the server. This happened 2-3 times. Then he said he was going to ban you for a few hours you immediately left the server so he couldn't. So when you chose to rejoin a few hours later you faced greater consequences. You were given instructions multiple times by multiple members. I believe Hugo brought this up way earlier in the evening even, rates were posted with instructions both verbal and written.

I was there for 3/4 hours, and Hugo was telling him for a few maps before I got there.

Mikaa
Valas, how many times did Hugo copy and paste all the commands? I think I counted about 12 atleast, I don't see how you can come on here and lie saying you had no idea how.

I never said your rates were too high, as that isn't even possible.. Your rate was at 15k and your cmdrate and updaterate were at 50. If you've never heard of rates before they would have been 20000, 30, and 20. Meaning you have messed with them before. I call bull shit on your entire post sir.

That being said Ban is reduced to a month. Although I still think it should be a perm simply for the "I'm not fixing my rates. I'll just leave." comment, and coming back 10 minutes later, then repeating.
Edited by Mikaa on 09-09-2009 08:13

pretzel
SubWolfer wrote:
still a perma for rates might be like using a nuke to kill a mouse if its a repeat ban maybe but first ban is over kill. but than again i wasnt there

Its not really the rates, its the ignoring admins until they threaten to ban him, leaving and rejoining a bit later hoping they left. He was just trying to wait out admins instead of taking corrective action. Not like just once or twice either, it was like the theme of the night.

Valas Hune
I did not see the instructions about how to fix my rates. I'll accept that it's my fault, since obviously several other people claim to have noticed them being posted.
I did not, and have not lied. When i left and rejoin-ed it was because i thought they were complaining about my ping being too high (which at times it was). There was, and has been no malicious intent.
I apologize again for any trouble I have caused to anyone in the dogz clan, or on your server.
That being said, I will accept your 1 month ban, if you feel that is appropriate.

Thank You.

subwolfer
did you use the admin talk to tell him to adjust rates or just typed it.......and i am always rational unless you knife me off knife 3 times in a row than i start seeing redGrin
"If you want to be happy be ignorant, if you want to know the truth prepare to become a cynic"

hlstatsx.dogzgaming.com/sig-326-random.png

Snugz
Its hugo he has it on a macro or something it seems. he copy/pastes it in his type not as admin.

i was in server when this was happening. Hugo did post in <12 times...and either you ignored it or didnt see it...but some of those were posted when Hugo was dead and Valas was still alive. i noticed it a few times.

I'd say that a month is understandable since Mikaa and Hugo didn't notice that you were alive and they were posting when they were dead. From your prospective i can see that a month is pretty harsh. It's up to the admins tho Valas.

But on the other hand...Mikaa..i heard you log back in 2-3 hrs later and tell him you were going to ban him if he didnt change his rates and you brought up how you warned him about 2-3 hrs ago...so you did ignore it because if you didnt want to get banned and go through all this hassel you would have said something to the effect of "alright im tryin to fix my rates but can you help me because i dont know how to do it"

PS. Valas. you rocked my face a few times so...i want you banned Pfft jk jk man lol gj

And on these servers...we REALLY need to get that AutoClockrate thing setup...because there are quite a few bans for this when it could be so much easier to fix it and on the plus that would save Hugo's life...he'll have an aneurism any day from tellin people so many times to change their rates haha
Edited by Snugz on 09-09-2009 17:17
"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

Mikaa
Snugz wrote:And on these servers...we REALLY need to get that AutoClockrate thing setup...because there are quite a few bans for this when it could be so much easier to fix it and on the plus that would save Hugo's life...he'll have an aneurism any day from tellin people so many times to change their rates haha

Hugo has more bans than me on the sourcebans page because of rates.. That's saying something..

I don't even check rates until another admin checks and brings it up, then I start enforcing.

I don't take the game serious at all anymore, I have more fun that way, that's why I play games... To have fun.. You'll also notice I very seldom play sober Grin

CronicBob
...or straight!

Shaggy
ya, mikaa is a drunk homo.. hahahaha
Have more fun than a well oiled midget

pretzel
he owns queen cd's

Mikaa
Pretzel wrote:
he owns queen cd's

Classicssssssssssssss

CronicBob
i do remember this guy ignoring for rate check...and he was warned plenty of times...and just seeing what he wrote, he clearly knows what he is doing. 1 month ban doesnt seem too bad. ignoring admin is serious offense.

Sea j
why would he google rates when all he had to do was properly perform an f10 manuever

Mikaa
CronicBob wrote:1 month ban doesnt seem too bad. ignoring admin is serious offense.

x2
Not listening to Mikaa is srs buidness.

CronicBob
ha...nobody messes wit the bamperand hammer!

Snugz
CronicBob wrote:
ha...nobody messes wit the bamperand hammer!

tha hells a bamperand hammer?

and I MESS WITH MEEEEEEEKKKAAAAAH and it isn't serious bidniss.. i think shaggy can mess with him too...cuz he Mikah kept talkin bout his bus.......Frown
"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fucked you."

Jump to Forum: