View Thread
 Print Thread
DM SERVER
The Deer Hunter
SubWolfer wrote:
The Deer Hunter wrote:
your mom uses !give

yeah but your mom !gives use and often

but your mom !gives b/c she wants too my mom does it b/c we need to eat. lol! jp
when there's nothing left to burn .... you must set yourself on fire.

TigerOx
GunGame 5 has been restored. There were some updates to MetaMod which may fix the problem.

Lets hope so.

TigerOx

Shaggy
yay tiger!

TigerOx
Not looking good. Server fps was way lower than gg4. May have to still wait for an update to gungame.

Shaggy
awwwwwwwww

Scooby
do we still have the leak? I wonder if the fps issues has anything to do with hits register... which by the way is sooo much better than in 4... It might be worth having 5... and just run maps that are more simple than some of the graphically complex ones that are out there. Just thoughts

TigerOx
The leak is still there. This morning with no players in the server it was at 60% cpu usage. Its doing something, but it shouldn't.

I am going to try and run the server at 100tick with GG4 and see if the registration is better.

I played it this morning and it seemed really smooth, better than the 66tick. We just have to see if it can handle 24 players at 100tick.

TigerOx
100 tick wasn't working. Huge lag.

I set it back to 66. Which is the best setting for deathmatch style play.

I also made some more tweaks and it seems to run really good. There was 16 of us in there and I had 1-2 choke max.

The Deer Hunter
but don't you have a super computer?
when there's nothing left to burn .... you must set yourself on fire.

TigerOx
ya...but I'm not concerned about players individual computer lag. I am looking at how the server performs.

Using a computer that will not lag helps because you can distinguish if its your computer lagging or the server.

I would say with 20+ people in the DM server you shouldn't get more that 20 choke.

subwolfer
sounds good to me, i was playing last night and it seemed laggy with a full server but when it went down to 17 or 18 it seemed fine, but than again i have the opposite of tigers computer so could have been me
"If you want to be happy be ignorant, if you want to know the truth prepare to become a cynic"

hlstatsx.dogzgaming.com/sig-326-random.png

K-Anator
I've noticed recently when the server starts to fill up I'm choking like a cheap hooker, 46 up to 60 at times! And its definitely not my computer I guarantee that
Edited by K-Anator on 21-06-2009 03:30

TigerOx
check your rate in console.

rate 45000

no choke.

K-Anator
I could swear I had everything setup properly... I'll check though

Edit: Shit son, you were right, my rate was set back to 20000 for some reason
Edited by K-Anator on 21-06-2009 14:03

Jump to Forum: