Amount in: $10.00
Balance: $9.33
Left to go: $90.67

Click here to expand donation informationCurrent Donations
View Thread
 Print Thread
Advertise DM Turbo on Funtimes Server
Papa Petro
After talking with some of the players on the Funtime/Iceworld server, it seem like a lot of folks are unaware that there is the DM Turbo server and have interest in playing there. I believe more people would play on DM Turbo if they knew it existed. A lot of old timers really enjoyed that server, but it fell dead due lack of routine critical mass and awareness.

So, my suggestion is to advertise other DoGz servers within the chatbox like what other server networks do. For example, using the Server Hop (!hop) would be a great choice IMO. This way, players on one server would know what other servers DoGz has and easily access them without have do long-form discovery (website, server browser, world of mouth, etc.).

Thanks,
Papa

TigerOx
Type !servers

Papa Petro
I never knew there was a !servers command on DoGz. Sometime's I've seen the: "Type !funtimes for [GunGame DM] Funtimes" message, but it I they get buried in between the chat stream during the round as all the level up info scrolls it away fast. Also, the !funtimes command just applies to the other funtimes server, not the rest.

So my suggestion would be to place the !server advert in at the end of the round so that everyone could be aware of it.

Ex.)
Player is leading on level 46 :: knife
Player has stolen a level from Player2
Player has won!
Player has won!
Player has won!
Player is ranked 100 with 123 wins!
[hop] DoGz [GunGame DM] Turbo|Fast 24/7 (Map Vote) [type !servers to join]

(I put the Turbo server there since I'm partial to it, but it could just be a general "Check out our other servers" text)
Edited by Papa Petro on 20-05-2017 21:36

Jump to Forum: